A unique twist to ice cream, this spinach sorbet blends sweet bananas with spinach. Delicious and nutritious, this dessert comes together in just minutes.
- 2 bananas ripe, frozen individually
- 1¼ cups almond milk or other plant-based milk, unsweetened
- 3 cups chopped spinach frozen
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts divided
- 1 cup raspberries or blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
Chop one of the frozen bananas into bite-size pieces.
In a high-powered blender, add the frozen spinach, the unchopped frozen banana, and 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Blend until smooth.
Stir in the walnuts and chopped banana and berries.
Divide into 4 serving dishes. Top with the ground flax seeds.
Nice additions to try
Before dividing into serving dishes, mix in your choice of:
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp diced mint
Calories: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 13gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 22gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 190mgPotassium: 871mgFiber: 11gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 13776IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 303mgIron: 4mg