Buffalo Cauliflower Wings?
Buffalo Wings? Cauliflower Wings? It’s hard enough to imagine a buffalo with wings. Now wings from cauliflower?
Yes! As people around our country eat over a billion pounds of chicken buffalo wings on Super Bowl Sunday, (Forbes note), many look for a healthier option. We have just the thing for your taste buds and your healthy lifestyle!
Meet our Buffalo Cauliflower Bites!
Call them bites or call them wings, these are full of flavor and nutritious, without the fat and carbs that traditional buffalo wings made with chicken wings contain. In fact, these party foods might actually help you stick to that New Year’s resolution!
Are they good for you?
Absolutely! In fact, these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites serve well as a snack or as a featured entree. Serve them as a Super Bowl food, or dress them up on a bed of barley with a side salad for an easy dinner. Diabetics, and those choosing a low-carb option such as Keto diet, will appreciate the use of almond flour as the base.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
a healthy, vegan, low-carb alternative to chicken wings
preheat oven to 375°f
- Combine flour, nutritional yeast, paprika, pepper, in a bowl.
- Whisk together dry mustard and vinegar.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Whisk into dry ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Mixture should be a thick batter consistancy. If needed, adjust by adding water or flour.
- Toss cauliflower florets with the coating.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until coating is dry and cauliflower is tender.
Serving Idea: Serve alongside carrot sticks and celery sticks for an easy finger food snack or simple meal.
- You may substitute Dijon mustard for the vinegar and powdered mustard
- For larger batches, double or triple the ingredients.
- You can substitute other flours. You may need to adjust the water content.
- Batter will be easiest to work with just after mixing. If it thickens, add a small amount of water.
- Want a bit more crunch? Try cooking in an air fryer.