A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Hearty Chickpea Veggie Stew Recipe
Looking for a hearty, healthy stew for that comfort food meal? This chickpea veggie stew is perfect! Packed with veggies and protein-rich chickpeas, it’ll fill you up and keep you satisfied. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free so that everyone can enjoy it!
In fact, our Hearty Chickpea Veggie Stew Recipe cooks up quickly and is PACKED with nutrients and flavor. And it’s so easy to make! We use just one stockpot on the stovetop but you might choose to pop it into the oven and let it cook.
Ready to get cooking? Let’s go!
Hearty Chickpea Veggie Stew
Hearty Chickpea Veggie Stew
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups celery chopped
- 5 cups veggie broth low salt
- 5 cups chick peas cooked or use about 3 cans, drained
- 5 large potatoes diced with skins on
- 2 medium zucchini sliced in thick chunks
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced thick
- 1.5 cups peas fresh or frozen
- 1.5 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1 pound spinach chopped coarsely
- ½ cup peanut butter
- In a large pot, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add the celery and continue sauteeing, while stirring, until celery softens.
- Pour in the veggie broth and add the potatoes and zucchini. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables and continue cooking until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Remove about a cup of the broth. Stir the peanut butter into the cup of broth until well mixed.
- Add back to the main pot and stir to mix completely.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes to ensure the flavors are mixed.
- Serve hot
NotesYou may use any of your favorite vegetables in this stew. In fact, the frozen mixed vegetable blend works especially well. We prefer to use a stock pot to make this. For even more ease in making this, Mix everything together and bake in a 350°F oven for about 40 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Easy refrigerator storage for leftovers: Use large canning jars to put cooled stew in.
Ready to try our Hearty Chickpea Veggie Stew recipe?
So what are you waiting for? Give this hearty chickpea veggie stew a try. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also packed with nutrition and delicious flavor. And if you have any questions or comments, be sure to visit our Vegan Globetrotter YouTube channel. We would love to hear from you!