A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Tabil, Tunisian Spice Blend
Tabil (pronounced like “table”) means seasoning in Tunisian Arabic. This popular Tunisian spice blend appears in most kitchens. In fact, most believe its use dates back to the late 1400’s. Featuring coriander seeds as a base, Tabil accents and flavors many dishes in Tunisia. You might find this spice mix in stores. However, we encourage you to blend it fresh yourself. Indeed, most spices offer more flavor when fresh. Tabil’s flavor and aroma comes through best when mixed fresh and used within a month or two.
Tabil, Tunisian Spice Recipe
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- or, 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, chopped, dried in open air for 2 days
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 2 T cumin seeds (some recipes omit this)
- 1 T caraway seeds
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Using a spice grinder or a mortar, grind or pound all ingredients together to create a homogeneous mixture.
- Store in a glass jelly jar or spice jar, in the refrigerator or freezer.
- We recommend you use within 6 weeks to ensure best flavor.
Did You Know….
- Coriander is the seed from the Cilantro plant.
- Cilantro is also known as Chinese Parsley.
- Coriander seeds offer great nutrition including:
- dietary fiber
- vitamin C
- and more!
- For more information on Coriander, see this article.
And, Coriander (Cilantro) helps lower cholesterol
Diabetes.and provides help in preventing and treating
Don't miss out
when new recipes and information are added!
Join our newsletter for free recipes,
healthy living inspiration, and special offers
You have Successfully Subscribed!