Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Casseroles are quintessential comfort foods – and this vegan version is perfect for colder months, especially in the winter season. Featuring a creamy cashew sauce, crispy breadcrumbs, and perfectly tender cauliflower, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Plus, it’s healthy and easy to make – perfect for busy weeknights!
Oh-so-healthy cauliflower casserole!
A lot of people think that cauliflower is a pretty boring vegetable. It doesn’t have a lot of flavor on its own, and it’s often used as a stand-in for healthier versions of things like mashed potatoes or rice. But what a lot of people don’t realize is that cauliflower is actually a really healthy vegetable! It’s packed full of nutrients like vitamins C and K, and it’s a good source of fiber.
Cauliflower is also a very versatile vegetable. You can roast it, mash it, puree it, or even turn it into a casserole! This healthy cauliflower casserole recipe is packed full of nutrient-rich ingredients like kale, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes. It’s also vegan, so it’s perfect for anyone who is looking for a delicious and healthy plant-based meal.
Why This Recipe is Healthy?
There are three main reasons why this recipe is healthy. First, the ingredients are all nutrient-rich. The kale provides vitamins A and C, while the mushrooms are a good source of iron. The sun-dried tomatoes add sweetness and flavor without adding any unhealthy sugar.
Second, this recipe is vegan. That means that it doesn’t contain any animal products, which are often high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Instead, this recipe gets its protein from the beans and its healthy fats from the olive oil.
Finally, this recipe is baked, not fried. Baking is a much healthier cooking method than frying because it doesn’t require any extra oil or butter. By baking this casserole, you’re able to enjoy all the flavor without any of the guilt!
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy meal, look no further than this healthy cauliflower casserole! Packed full of nutrient-rich ingredients like kale, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes, this recipe is sure to please everyone at the table. And best of all, it’s vegan! So whether you’re looking for a hearty plant-based meal or just want to eat a little healthier, this cauliflower casserole is the perfect dish for you.
The new family favorite: Healthy cauliflower casserole!
Healthy Cauliflower Casserole
- 2 head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp kale fresh
- 7 tbsp old-fashioned oats
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup potato peeled and cooked
- 2 medium onions sauteed along with potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 oz. almonds or raw cashew
- 4 oz. almond milk
- 8 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Let's get baking!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the baking dish.
Make the sauce:
- In an instant pot over medium-high heat, add water and boil the potato and onion until soft.
- In a food processor, blend until smooth the boiled potato, onion, garlic, almonds, almond milk, vegetable broth, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and kosher salt.
- Using a food processor, crumble the old-fashioned oats, almonds, hemp seeds, and kosher salt. Set them aside.
Assemble, bake, and serve!
- Cut the washed head of cauliflower into thick slices, line them in a baking tray, and sprinkle with old-fashioned oat crumbles.
- Layer the sliced cauliflower in a prepared casserole dish, then top with the prepared sauce, sprinkle with crumbled old-fashioned oats, and garnish with fresh kale leaves.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
Have you tried this recipe?
This cauliflower casserole is a healthier twist on classic comfort food. It’s packed with nutrients and flavor, and it’s sure to become a new family favorite.
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes.