A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Do you love snowball cookies? (I know I do.) Well, this recipe takes the classic pecan snowball cookies and kicks it up a notch with toasted pecans. The result is a delicious, nutty twist on a classic favorite. Plus, they’re really easy to make – just mix together some dough, shape them into balls, bake and enjoy!
Pecan snowball cookies are a delightful holiday treat and these cookies are made with toasted pecans, vegan butter, confectioners’ sugar, all-purpose flour, kosher salt, and vanilla extract. And they are rolled twice in confectioners’ sugar, giving them a beautiful snowy appearance. That is why these cookies are perfect for any holiday gathering, especially on Christmas day- they are sure to please everyone!
For your information, snowball cookies are also known as Russian tea cakes, Mexican wedding cookies, or German Butterballs. The original recipe is thought to have originated in Germany, but the cookies have become popular in many different cultures. Snowball cookies are often served at weddings and other special occasions.
What sets apart of these snowball cookies other than cookies?
Snowball cookies are not only delicious but also vegan that are made with completely plant-based ingredients that are already in your pantry. Below is the reason why these snowball cookies are better than other cookies.
- They are easy to make with easy-to-find ingredients.
- Perfect addition to any Christmas party.
- Can be a Christmas present to your family and friends.
In addition, they are kid friendly I m sure everyone will love you so go ahead grab the ingredients, and make a batch of these snowball cookies with toasted pecans.
Plant-based ingredients you will need
These snowball cookies are made with easy-to-find ingredients that are already in your pantry. If they are not in your pantry, no worries as they are available at the supermarket. In this recipe, you will need the following plant-based ingredients:
1. Vegan butter: Use room temperature butter and make sure they are dairy-free.
2. Confectioners’ sugar: These snowball cookies, are twice to roll to give more snow appearance.
3. All-purpose flour: Make sure you use a measuring cup to have the right consistency of the dough.
4. Pecans: They are finely chopped and toasted when used in these snowball cookies as they gave a nutty texture.
5. Vanilla extract: It gives an aroma flavor to each snowball cookie.
6. Kosher salt: Use to balance the sweetness, add more if needed.
See, they are made with six plant-based ingredients and best of all these ingredients are easy to whip up. In addition, they are easy to make just mix all the ingredients tada you will have now these delicious snowball cookies!
Can wait to make this at your home? Well, the recipe card below will help you to make these snowball cookies our recipe card is friendly user you can save it and pin it for later use.
Snowball cookies are sure to impress your guests!
Pecan Snowballs Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter unsalted, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup pecans toasted, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sprinkles vegan, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegan butter using a hand mixer then add the confectioners' sugar and mix them well at medium-high speed.
- Add the vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, and kosher salt. Mix them well until fully combined or until the mixture forms a dough at high-speed.
- Lastly, add the finely chopped toasted pecans. If using a sprinkle you can add it as well. Toss them to combine.
- Cover the prepared dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes; remove and scoop the dough and form them into balls.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining confectioners' sugar and roll the balls and place them into a prepared line baking sheets.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until golden brown; remove the balls from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- Roll the cooled baked cookies twice in confectioners' sugar. Serve and enjoy!
For More Holiday Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
Try These Snowball Cookies Today!
Pecan Snowball Cookies are the perfect holiday treat! This recipe is unique because it only uses plant-based ingredients, so it’s vegan and gluten-free. These cookies are sure to impress your guests, whether they have dietary restrictions or not. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and try these snowball cookies today!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. 📩 In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes