Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
A gluten-free pancakes recipe
Description: These butternut squash pancakes are s perfect treat for a weekend breakfast or brunch and kids will love them too. Also, a perfect addition to your vegetarian meal. They’re healthy, filling, and so delicious. Plus, they’re really easy to make and drizzled with pecan maple syrup (optional).
I don’t know about you, but when I think of Fall, the first thing that comes to mind is pancakes. Thanksgiving, Christmas … all those delicious meals with family and friends always include a batch (or two) of fluffy pancakes.
Butternut squash is one of my favorite ingredients to use in pancakes because it gives them a delicious, earthy flavor. If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy your favorite breakfast food.
Why you will give these butternut squash a try?
These butternut squash pancakes are perfect for those mornings when you want something a little special, in addition, these have a truly amazing taste aside from delicious it is,
- It’s packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Gluten-free, kid-friendly, and vegan-friendly.
- Easy to make with a few ingredients.
And the combination of butternut squash and cinnamon is sure to please your taste buds. Plus, the different variations of pancakes: topped with pecan maple syrup and blueberries.
So, give these butternut squash pancakes a try!
Plant-based ingredients tips and their substitution!
This recipe is composed of a few healthy ingredients and this will be in your pantry.
- Butternut squash: Use mashed roasted or shredded butternut squash and also you can use pumpkin.
- Plant-based milk: I prefer to use almond milk. Though you can use any of the plant-based milk that you already have.
- Flax seeds: Originally eggs are common use when making pancakes but this time we will make them vegan and we will use 1 tbsp of flax seeds and stir them into 3 tbsp of water.
- Vanilla extract and cinnamon: It gives aromatic flavor, don’t skip this. For the cinnamon, it gives the perfect combination of butternut squash.
- Maple syrup: Use any of your preferred natural or dairy-free sweeteners like agave, swerve, etc.
- Baking powder and flour: It provides the right consistency for the pancakes, use certified gluten-free flour.
- For the sauce: all you need is pecans or walnuts, maple syrup, and unsalted plant butter. This is optional but as always it is a great addition.
I hope these tips will help you to make these butternut squash pancakes more healthy and tasty.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s start making!
As I have mentioned this recipe is easy to prepare. So grab the ingredients and make your day special with these healthy homemade pancakes on your table.
For The Pancakes
- In a blender, add the mashed butternut squash, flax seeds mixture, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract. Blend them thoroughly until well combined.
- Then add the baking powder, cinnamon, and gluten-free flour, to the mashed butternut squash mixture, and stir well.
- In a non-stick pan, scoop the mixture and cook them for at least 5-8 minutes or till completely cooked. Set them aside.
For the Maple Sauce (optional)
- In a saucepan, add the maple syrup and butter and cook them for at least 3-4 minutes then add the pecans or walnuts cooked for 3 minutes.
- Drizzled onto cooked butternut squash pancakes. Enjoy!
See? They are easy to prepare all you have is a blender and a non-stick pan.
Looking for more vegan fall recipes?
- Try our Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, and Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe. They are completely plant-based and ideal for your vegan meal.
The ingredients and instructions are listed below. I hope that making these healthy, gluten-free, vegan-friendly butternut squash pancakes will make your fall season cozy. Oh, and I’m sure that the kids will love them too.
Happiness is a pancake breakfast!
Butternut Squash Pancakes: Gluten-free
For The Pancake:
- 1/2 cup butternut squash mashed and roasted, or use pumpkins
- 1 tbsp flax seeds stir into 3 tbsp of water
- 8 oz. almond-milk or any plant-based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or use gluten-free flour
For The Sauce (Optional)
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 8 oz. maple syrup
- 1/2 stick butter unsalted, vegan
- In a blender, add the mashed butternut squash, flax seed mixture, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract. Blend them thoroughly until well combined.
- Then add the baking powder, cinnamon, and gluten-free flour to the mashed butternut squash mixture, and stir well.
- In a non-stick pan, scoop the mixture and cook it for at least 5-8 minutes, or till completely cooked. Set them aside.
- In a saucepan, add the maple syrup and butter and cook them for at least 3–4 minutes. Then add the pecans or walnuts and cook for another 3–4 minutes.
- Drizzled onto cooked butternut squash pancakes. Enjoy!
For More Vegan Recipes
The vegan recipes below I’ve suggested are completely vegan and 100% made with plant-based ingredients. They are also a great addition to your vegan meal. Even non-vegetarians will love these!
- Vegan Peanut Butter Overnight Oats: Rich in protein, fiber, and consists of healthy fats.
- Potato Pancake Scones: Requires only four ingredients. They are known as tatie scones.
- Vegan Mermaid Smoothie Bowl: A perfect ocean color with spirulina powder filled with lemon, chia seeds, and soy milk.
- Pesto Potato Salad: It’s zesty, nutty, and full of flavors of vegan pesto and mayonnaise.
- Vegan Pasta Alfredo: Creamy and yummy and a great addition to a vegan meal.
To Wrap It All Up
Pancakes are the perfect breakfast food because they’re delicious and versatile. In this recipe, we’ve used butternut squash as the main ingredient to create a healthy and vegan-friendly pancake that you can enjoy any day of the week. If you have any questions about this recipe or want to share your own variations, leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?