Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Are you looking for a delicious and easy side dish to serve at your next dinner party? Then look no further than these smashed potatoes! They’re topped with a flavorful garlic pesto that everyone will love. Plus, they’re simple to make – just smash some boiled potatoes, add the pesto, and bake in the oven. So get ready to impress your guests with this tasty dish!
These smashed potatoes with garlic pesto are the perfect party dish for a Thanksgiving day! They’re easy to make, incredibly flavorful, and sure to be a hit with vegans and meat-eaters alike. Best of all, they can be made ahead of time, so you can enjoy your party stress-free!
What makes these smashed potatoes so special?
The answer is in the ingredients! First, we’ve got Yukon Gold potatoes. They’re our favorite type of potato for smashing because they have a creamy texture that Holds together well. Then, there’s the garlic pesto. It’s made with fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and pine nuts, and it gives the potatoes a beautiful bright green color and an herby flavor. Finally, we’ve got some vegan parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top. It adds a nice salty crunch that takes these potatoes over the top!
Why You’ll Impress:
Your guests will be impressed with both the flavor and the presentation of these smashed potatoes. They’re sure to ask you for the recipe! And you can rest assured knowing that they’re completely vegan and gluten-free. So whether you’re hosting a holiday party or a casual get-together, these smashed potatoes will be a hit!
If you’re looking for a show-stopping party dish that is sure to impress your guests, look no further than these smashed potatoes with garlic pesto! They’re easy to make, incredibly flavorful, and can be made ahead of time. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try at your next event!
Vegan Globetrotter suggestions and Tips
Smashed potatoes are a delicious and versatile vegan side dish. They can be served plain, with a variety of toppings, or used as a base for other dishes. In this blog post, we will share some serving suggestions, recipe tips, and storing tips for smashed potatoes.
There are many ways to enjoy mashed potatoes. Here are some of our favorite serving suggestions:
- Plain, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. This is a simple but delicious way to enjoy mashed potatoes.
- Topped with vegan cheese and broccoli. This combination is hearty and satisfying.
Leftover smashed potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, simply reheat them on the stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through. And there you have it—everything you need to know about smashed potatoes! Give this dish a try the next time you’re in search of a flavorful, satisfying vegan side.
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the best-mashed potatoes ever:
- Choose starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Golds for light and fluffy mashed potatoes.
- If you want more flavor in your mashed potatoes, try roasting them in the oven before mashing them. This will give them a nice flavor boost.
- Don’t overdo it on the peeling! A few little bits of skin here and there won’t hurt anyone (and it’ll save you time). Just make sure to wash your potatoes well before cooking them.
- Add garlic for extra flavor (just be warned that it may give you garlicky breath!)
- For super smooth mashed potatoes, use an immersion blender or food processor to mash them instead of a traditional potato masher.
We hope you enjoyed these smashed potato serving suggestions, recipe tips, and storing tips! Smashed potatoes are a delicious and versatile vegan side dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. We hope this blog post has inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and come up with your own unique smashed potato creations. Thanks for reading!
All About Smashed Potatoes (with Garlic Pesto)
Smashed potatoes are a delicious and easy way to enjoy your potatoes. Plus, they’re vegan! Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about this recipe.
What kind of potatoes should I use?
For this recipe, you’ll want to use waxy potatoes such as Yukon golds or red potatoes. These types of potatoes hold their shape well and won’t turn to mush when mashed.
Do I have to make my own pesto?
No, you don’t have to make your own pesto. You can use store-bought pesto if you prefer. However, homemade pesto does taste best. If you’d like to try making your own, here’s a recipe for garlic pesto.
How do I know when the potatoes are done?
The best way to tell if your potatoes are done is to insert a fork into one of them. If the fork slides in easily, the potato is done. Another way to tell is by looking at the color of the potato; it should be evenly cooked all the way through and not at all doughy.
Smashed potatoes are a delicious vegan side dish that is perfect for any meal. By following these FAQs, you’ll be on your way to making the perfect mashed potatoes! So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Your new on-the-go appetizer!
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Garlic Pesto
- 8 small potatoes baby gold or yellow potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups basil fresh, stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp walnuts omit if you are allergy
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Prepare the potatoes:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add water and potatoes. Boil them for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place the tender potatoes on a prepared baking sheet and smash the potatoes using a spoon. If the potatoes are large just cut them into bite-size.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper; bake them for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Prepare the pesto:
- Meanwhile, make the pesto, in a food processor add the basil, garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Blend the until everything is combined.
- Adjust to taste if needed with lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to make it more flavorful. Set them aside.
Serve and enjoy!
- Over the baked potatoes, serve with prepared pesto sauce and garnish with chopped basil and walnuts.
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
To Wrap It All Up
So there you have it: everything you need to know about making the perfect smashed potatoes with garlic pesto. With these easy-to-follow vegan recipes and tips, you’ll be impressing your friends and family in no time at all. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes.