Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Do you love homemade bread, but don’t have the time to make it from scratch? Well, today I’m going to show you how to make white wheat bread in your bread machine! This recipe is simple and easy to follow, and the results are delicious! So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make fresh bread at home, then this is the recipe for you! Happy baking! 🙂
Bread Machines have come a long way.
Years ago, I was less than thrilled with my new, very expensive bread machine. It just didn’t compare to my homemade bread. When I say I wasn’t happy with it, understand that I ended up giving it away to a friend who used it occasionally. She didn’t bake homemade, so she was happy with it.
Today’s machines will surprise you with the quality of bread they produce.
It still won’t be quite the same as you mix and knead, but it is close. And you don’t have to watch for the two rise times, nor take that time shaping your loaves. Does it replace my homemade bread with my companion Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer? No, not. But for those days when time is short, and my family still wants bread, it is a welcome helper!
What is White Wheat? Is It a Whole Grain?
We usually think of wheat as a darker color but white wheat is still a whole grain. In fact, white wheat is truly a whole grain from a softer type of wheat. It contains the bran, the germ, and the endosperm.
White flour that you commonly see in the store is not whole grain. It is wheat flour with the bran and germ removed. This leaves very little nutrition. In fact, white flour, also known as all-purpose flour, is indicated in various health issues due to its lack of nutrients and fiber.
For this recipe, we are using whole-grain flour. You might choose to use a different wheat variant such as red wheat for a darker color and stronger flavor.
We enjoy making homemade bread, when we have time
A bread machine can save you time and money by taking care of the hard work for you. With a bread machine, you don’t have to worry about kneading the dough or watching the baking process. All you need to do is add the ingredients, set the timer, and wait for your delicious homemade bread to be ready.
White Wheat Bread (using a Bread Machine)
- 1 1/4 cups water lukewarm, about 110°F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or preferred oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or other sweetener
- 3 cups White Whole Wheat Flour 360 grams
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or other favorite. Flax works well, ground
- 1/2 cup vital wheat gluten 60 grams
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- Weigh your flour. If you don't have a scale, you may measure it by gently spooning it into a measuring cup and leveling off the top.Put all of the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Set the program for whole wheat bread, if your machine has this setting. If not, use basic white bread setting. Close lid and press start.When done, remove the bread from the machine. Set on a cooling rack to cool. Or, to prevent the crust from wrinkling, remove it from the pan, then place it back in the machine without the pan. Crack the lid open about 1", and let the bread cool in place.When cool, slice and enjoy!Yields a 1.5 pound loaf
Bread Machines have come a long wayYears ago, I was less than thrilled with my new, very expensive bread machine. It just didn't compare to my homemade bread. Today's machines will surprise you with the quality of bread they produce. It still won't be quite the same as you mix and knead, but it is close. And you don't have to watch for the two rise times, nor take that time shaping your loaves. Does it replace my homemade bread with my companion Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer? No, not. But for those days when time is short, and my family still wants bread, it is a welcome helper!
Are you ready for fresh, homemade bread?
A bread machine is a great tool for anyone who wants to save time and money by making homemade bread. With a bread machine, you can make fresh, delicious bread with minimal effort. If you’ve never used a bread machine before, we encourage you to give it a try. We’d love to hear about your experiences in the comments section below.