Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Craving crunchy, delicious plant-based snacks that pack a flavorful punch? Look no further than the humble tostone! A crispy and savory treat made from smashed and fried plantains, tostones satisfy both your need for something salty and flavorful — without all of the greasy oil. And with an air fryer, you can have this tasty snack ready in no time. Read on to learn all about how to make deliciously crunchy vegan air fryer tostones at home!
I’ll be the first to admit it, I used to think tostones were something only ordered at restaurants. But then, I got my hands on an air fryer, and boy did things change. Not only can you make healthier versions of all your favorite fried foods, but guess what? Air fryer tostones are so easy to make, they’ll be on your weekly rotation in no time. Plus, they just so happen to be naturally vegan so you can feel good about snacking on them anytime. Trust me, once you try these crispy, savory bites, you won’t want to go back to regular ol’ potato chips.
Let’s talk about serving suggestions for mouth-watering air fryer tostones -There are countless ways to enjoy tostones, but here are a few of my favorites:
Mash up some ripe avocado with diced tomatoes, onions, lime juice, and cilantro. Top the tostones with a generous dollop of guacamole for a flavorful and satisfying snack.
Vegan nacho tostones
Load up the tostones with vegan cheese, black beans, jalapenos, and salsa for a plant-based twist on classic nachos.
Tostones with dipping sauces
For a more casual option, serve the tostones alongside a variety of dipping sauces. I love to pair them with vegan aioli, spicy salsa, and sweet chili sauce.
Whether you’re snacking solo or hosting a party, these air fryer tostones are sure to impress. Plus, they’re vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and packed with nutrients. So give them a try and let me know what you think!
If you’re looking to spice up Taco Tuesday, why not try out some Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Tacos? These delicious tacos are perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike. But how do you serve them up to make the perfect meal? Well, for starters, you can’t go wrong with some fresh avocado slices and a squeeze of lime.
You could also add some sliced radishes, chopped cilantro, and a drizzle of vegan chipotle mayo for a little extra flavor. And don’t forget to heat up those tortillas before serving. With these simple serving suggestions, you’ll have a meal that is sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters. So go ahead, take a bite, and savor the deliciousness of these Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Tacos.
Air Fryer Tostones
If you want to try this Vegan Air Fryer Tostones recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #airfryertostones
Air Fryer Tostones
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 3 medium green plantains peeled
- 4 cups water cold
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- coarse salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cold water and kosher salt. Slice the plantain into 1 1/2-inch-thick chunks and soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- Remove the plantains from the water and dry each one thoroughly. Toss the plantain slices in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil. Make sure each plantain is coated in a thin layer of oil.
- Transfer the plantains to your air fryer’s basket leaving a 1/2 inch of space on all sides of the slices to allow the air to circulate properly.
- Fry for 3 to 6 minutes per side. Until the plantain offers no resistance when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Increase the air fryer’s temperature to 400°F. Remove the plantain slices from the basket and smash each one in a tostonera or place your soft plantain between a piece of parchment paper and smash it with a coffee mug. The plantain should be a flat 1/4-inch thick disc that holds together.
- Return the smashed plantains to the air fryer basket and brush a light layer of oil onto the top side of the tostones and fry for 3 minutes on the first side. Flip the tostones and brush once more with a light layer of oil, then fry for the final time for 4 minutes.
- Serve with a light sprinkle of coarse salt and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
All in all, vegan Air Fryer Tostones championed the perfect and effortless meal for all to enjoy! Unlike traditional cooking methods, this new technique requires less oil and time yet leaves you with fully cooked and delicious results. This dish not only checks off health goals but can be made by adjusting spice levels for those wishing to customize it. Paired with other vegan dishes or even enjoyed as a snack option, vegan Air Fryer Tostones are a wonderful addition to any culinary experience. Give them a try today and get creative while making vegan-friendly foods that truly satisfy your taste buds. Let us know what you think about this recipe!
Connect With Us
If you tried this Vegan Air Fryer Tostones recipe, take a picture or video and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!