A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
When we serve chocolate cake for dessert, everyone shows up! It just seems to call out to family and friends. But when it’s as easy as Crock Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake, we find more reasons to serve it. It’s a dessert. It’s a get-together treat. Birthday cake? Sure!
Crock Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake – perfect for anytime!
Can Chocolate Really Be Vegan?
Yes, Absolutely! The base ingredient in chocolate is cacao beans. Since these beans grow on trees, they are plant-based. The difference in vegan and non-vegan chocolate lies in the added ingredients. Instead of dairy ingredients like milk or butter, vegan chocolates use plant-based such as oat milk, coconut oil, or other similar ingredients.
Crock Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake (vegan)
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk or oat or other plant milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Swerve brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups hot water
- Add to a large bowl, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour the milk mixture into the well.
- Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cocoa. Mix well.
- Prepare your large crockpot. Either apply grease to the entire interior or use a liner.
- Pour the cake mixture into the crockpot.
- Sprinkle the topping over the top, dispensing it evenly.
- Pour the hot water over the top of the cake. DO NOT STIR IT IN!
- Cover the crock pot. Set to low and cook for 3 hours. Check with a toothpick in the cake for doneness. It should come out of the cake clean. NOTE: The bottom will be a pudding-like mixture.
- If the cake is not done, allow to continue cooking on low setting until the toothpick tests out clean.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Note:This pairs nicely with vegan ice cream or vegan whipped topping. For those raspberry enthusiasts, consider adding a spoonful of raspberry topping when serving.
Crock Pot Orange Chicken, Vegan(Opens in a new browser tab)
Don't miss out
when new recipes and information are added!
Join our newsletter for free recipes,
healthy living inspiration, and special offers
You have Successfully Subscribed!