Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Looking for a delicious plant-based breakfast option? Why not try pumpkin coffee cake? This cake is made with pumpkin puree, vegan butter, and almond flour. The result is a moist and fluffy cake that is perfect for enjoying with your morning cup of coffee. Not only is this cake delicious, but it is also packed with nutrients. Pumpkin is a great source of fiber and antioxidants, while vegan butter provides protein and healthy fats. So start your day off right with a slice of pumpkin coffee cake!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake: A Delicious Fall Recipe
Fall is in the air, which means it’s time to start baking all of your favorite seasonal recipes! This pumpkin coffee cake is the perfect treat to enjoy on a cool autumn day. Packed with flavor and made with simple ingredients, this coffee cake is sure to become a new fall favorite. Keep reading to learn more about why this recipe is so enjoyable!
1. Simple Ingredients
One of the best things about this pumpkin coffee cake recipe is that it only calls for a few simple ingredients. You probably already have most, if not all, of the ingredients you need in your kitchen. This recipe also doesn’t require any special equipment, so you can make it without any fuss.
2. Packed with Flavor
This coffee cake is packed with delicious fall flavors like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spices, and of course, pumpkin puree. The pumpkin puree makes the cake moist and gives it a wonderful texture. The streusel topping is the perfect finishing touch – it’s crunchy and sweet and takes this coffee cake over the top.
3. So Easy to Make
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make. The batter comes together quickly and doesn’t require any fancy techniques. Even if you’re a beginner baker, you’ll be able to make this coffee cake with no problem. And trust us, it’s worth the effort! This coffee cake tastes amazing and will fill your whole house with the smell of autumn.
If you’re looking for a delicious fall recipe to add to your repertoire, look no further than this pumpkin coffee cake! Made with simple ingredients and packed with flavor, this coffee cake is easy to make and sure to become a new favorite. So preheat your oven and get ready to enjoy the deliciousness of this dessert.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake: FAQs Answered
This soft, spongy cake, flavored with pumpkin and spices, is the perfect treat to enjoy with your morning coffee. So if you want to make this, keep reading for answers to some frequently asked questions about pumpkin coffee cake!
Is this cake vegan?
Yes, this cake is vegan! It’s also dairy-free and egg-free.
What are the best spices to add?
The best spices to add are cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. However, feel free to experiment and add your own favorite spices. Allspice and cardamom are also lovely in this cake.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time! Simply bake it as directed, then allow it to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. When you’re ready to enjoy cutting into squares, reheat the slices in the microwave for 30 seconds or so until they’re warm throughout.
Enjoying a slice (or two) of this warm, fragrant cake is the perfect way to start your day. With its rich pumpkin flavor and warming spices, it’s sure to become a new fall favorite! And since it’s vegan and can be made ahead of time, everyone can enjoy this pumpkin coffee cake. So go ahead and treat yourself! You deserve it.
It’s time for pumpkin coffee cake!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8 oz. pumpkin pureé
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 oz. almond milk
- 2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups almond flour
- 4 cups vegan butter melted
- 12 oz raw sugar packed
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon ground
Maple Glaze (optional)
- 8 oz. confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Make the batter:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease the baking dish.
- For the dry ingredients: Mix the almond flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix them well.
- For the wet ingredients: Stir to combine the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Now, whisk together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients using a spoon. Mix until everything is combined but do not overmix it.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and set them aside.
Prepare the streusel:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, almond flour, raw sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Mix until crumbled.
- Over the top of the prepared mixture, sprinkle the streusel topping and bake them for 45 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Make the maple glaze (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
Serve and enjoy!
- Over the baked pumpkin coffee cake, drizzle the maple glaze. Enjoy!
Vegan Globetrotter Tips and SuggestionsServing Suggestions
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream or vegan ice cream.
- Serve alongside a cup of coffee or tea.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on top for an extra bit of sweetness.
- For a savory twist, top with crumbled bacon or sausage.
- If you're short on time, you can substitute the canned pumpkin for 1 cup of pumpkin puree. Simply bake the puree in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes, then let it cool before adding it to the batter.
- Not a fan of pumpkin spice? No problem! This recipe is also delicious with cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg. Simply omit the pumpkin spice and add one of these spices to taste.
- It can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you have any leftovers (doubtful!), they can be frozen for up to 2 months. Simply thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in a 350°F oven until warm.
- Don't like coffee cake? No problem! This recipe can easily be adapted to make muffins, cupcakes, or even pancakes. Simply adjust the baking time accordingly (12 minutes for muffins, 18 minutes for cupcakes).
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
To Wrap It All Up
Fall is the perfect time to enjoy a delicious pumpkin coffee cake. This recipe is easy to follow and yields a moist, flavorful cake that will have your friends and family begging for more. For all the frequently asked questions about this recipe, be sure to check out our FAQ section. Happy baking!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes.