A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Description: A tasty and nutritious option for regular cheesecake is sweet potato cheesecake. It is the ideal dessert for any occasion because it is made with sweet potatoes, cream cheese, and spices. It is simple to prepare and will win over everyone at your upcoming event!
If you’re vegan or vegetarian, you know that cheesecake is a dessert staple. But what about when you’re looking for something a little healthier? This sweet potato cheesecake is the perfect solution! It’s made with nutrient-rich sweet potatoes and cashews, so it’s lower in fat than traditional cheesecakes. You’ll love the creamy texture and delicious flavors. Give it a try today!
Sweet potatoes are not only delicious, but they’re also packed with nutrients like vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber. And what’s not to love about cheesecake? It’s rich, creamy, and satisfying. But if you’re vegan or lactose-intolerant, traditional cheesecake is off-limits. Fortunately, there’s a delicious alternative: vegan sweet potato cheesecake! This recipe is dairy-free, egg-free, and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Why you will love this sweet potato cheesecake?
This sweet potato cheesecake is the healthy and perfect addition to your vegan diet or vegan meal plan but aside from being healthy, they are…
- An ideal dessert for the fall season and any occasion.
- A perfect end to your Thanksgiving feast.
- Quick and easy to make dessert.
- Vegan-friendly, kid-friendly, and even non-vegetarians will love this.
So dig in and enjoy!
But do you know what’s funny about sweet potatoes? Or should I say fun facts that are so interesting about a sweet potato?
Well, keep reading!
Fun facts about sweet potatoes
Below are some of the fun facts about sweet potatoes that you might be interested to know about them. Here are some…
- You would need to consume 23 cups of broccoli in order to consume the same amount of vitamin A that is present in one sweet potato.
- It comes in a variety of colors, including yellow, purple, white, orange, and red.
- That orange flesh is tastier than the ones with other colors of flesh.
- They are among the root vegetables.
So, move over to pumpkin pie, there’s a new dessert in town and it’s begging to be devoured! This sweet potato cheesecake is taking over as the MVP of fall and thanksgiving day desserts!
Keep this recipe in your back pocket and you won’t be disappointed.
Plant-based ingredients tips
Sweet potato cheesecake has basic and few ingredients to make. Best of all, they are made of completely plant-based that are probably ready in your pantry. To make this, you will need to gather…
To make a crust, you will need ginger snaps or graham cracker crumbs, vegan butter, and salt. Look for certified vegan graham cracker crumbs to keep this vegan.
To make a cheesecake, you also need vegan cream cheese, vegan egg substitute, raw sugar, vanilla extract, kosher salt, vegan sour cream, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and sweet potato puree. For the vegan egg substitute, alternatively use 1 tbsp of flaxseed stirred into 3 tbsp of water, or even aquafaba, mashed banana, chia egg, etc.
And to make the toppings, they require a few ingredients such as raw sugar, ground cinnamon, kosher salt, and all-purpose flour.
- Choose a certified gluten-free flour, if desired.
- I highly suggest using flax seeds as a vegan egg substitute.
- To make this full of fall flavorings, I recommend using a ginger snap as a crust.
That’s it! They are all easy to find just make sure they are completely plant-based to keep this more healthy.
If you have questions about the ingredients leave a comment below we are happy to help you!
Can’t wait to make it? Keep browsing and you’ll get there!
There you have it, let’s get started baking!
This cheesecake is vegan, gluten-free, and healthier than most traditional recipes. Plus, it’s incredibly delicious – no one will even guess that it’s healthy!
And I will walk you through how to make this healthy sweet potato cheesecake that everyone will love as much as I do. This recipe is all about mixing, below is a quick overview.
For the crust, pulse the gingersnaps or graham crackers and salt, in a food processor. After that, transfer into spring form pan with melted vegan butter then baked until golden brown.
For the filling, in a mixing bowl, beat the vegan cream cheese until smooth then combine the preferred vegan egg substitute, raw sugar, vanilla extract, kosher salt, vegan sour cream, maple syrup, and cinnamon combine well until smooth, then add the sweet potato puree, mix well until everything is incorporated. Pour them into a cool baked crust and bake again for 1 hour.
And for the toppings, stir to combine the raw sugar, ground cinnamon, kosher salt, and vegan butter then pour them into all-purpose flour until the mixture forms.
For the finishing touch, set the toppings into cooled baked cheesecake on top and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
See they are all about mixing and baking nothing fancy! They are easy to make and has an easy to find ingredients.
Looking for more vegan fall recipes?
Well, satisfy your tastebuds with our healthy and delicious: Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Butternut Squash Pancakes, 20-minute Pumpkin Soup, and Air fryer Cinnamon Rolls. They are completely plant-based and ideal for your vegan meal.
Try this now!
Below are the ingredients along with the correct measurement and easy-to-follow ingredients. But if you still have questions, leave a comment below!
A tasty and nutritious cheesecake!
Sweet Potato Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup gingersnaps or vegan graham cracker
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick vegan butter melted
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese soft, and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp flax seed stirred into 3 tbsp of water, or use a preferred vegan egg substitute
- 6 oz. raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt
- 6 oz. vegan sour cream room temperature
- 2 oz. maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
- 12 oz. sweet potatoes puree
- 6 oz. raw sugar brown
- 1-2 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 sticks vegan butter warm and melted
- 1-2 cups all-purpose flour or use certified gluten-free flour
Let us bake!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the springform pan.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers or gingersnaps and season with kosher salt. Pulse until they become crumbs.
- Transfer them into a spring-form pan and bake for 10–12 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown. Let it cool and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, make a cream cheese filling, in a large mixing bowl combine all the cheesecake ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese filling into the cooled baked crust and bake again for at least 1 hour.
- Make the topping, by stirring together the dark and granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter until fully combined, then add them to the flour.
- Over the cooled baked cheesecake set the toppings on top, and refrigerate for at least 5-6 hours. Enjoy!
For More Vegan Recipes
The vegan recipes below I’ve suggested are completely vegan and 100% made with plant-based ingredients. They are also a great addition to your vegan meal. Even non-vegetarians will love these!
- Vegan Cream Puffs with Vanilla Pudding: These French-inspired small batches of cream puffs are filled with lemon curd or vanilla pudding. Perfect for any occasion and for all vegetarians.
- Healthy Double Chocolate Brownies: This vegan version of brownies are chocolatey and gooey. Plus, they are easy to make.
- Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes: Topped with strawberry frosting and delicious;y moist.
- Air fryer Vegan Carrot Cake: This is gluten-free, oil-free, and kid-friendly.
To Wrap It All Up
Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe So, have we convinced you that this sweet potato cheesecake is worth trying? If not, maybe the fun facts about sweet potatoes or plant-based ingredients will do the trick. We think this recipe is definitely a winner, and we can’t wait to hear what you think!
Connect With Us!
If you tried this sweet potato cheesecake, take a 📸 and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. 📩
Cutting Boards for Vegan Kitchen
Sweet Potatoes: Health Benefits
I love sweet potatoes and cheesecake, which is why I came across your recipe for sweet potato cheesecake. I was never taught about combining the two, but now I will be following your recipe to make a new sweet treat for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I have booked marked your website and shared with my social media followers.
Thank you! I hope you and your family enjoy the sweet potato cheesecake.
This sweet potatoe looks wonderful and I am definitely going to save this recipe for our next family get together. When ever I see so many ingredients I always get put off of a recipe as it is normally complicated, but in this case the cheesecake looks relatively easy to make. I think one could even leave off the crust if you were in a hurry.
Indeed, it is quite simple to assemble and the ingredients are easy to find. I hope you enjoy it!
I come from a region in my country where we grow sweet potatoes. We are used to cooking and eating or slicing it in the form of chips. This recipe of sweet potato cheesecake is another lovely way to enjoy sweet potatoes. I will love to try out. Top of it is that other required ingredients are not expensive. Rather, they are rich and easily accessible
Sweet potatoes are among our favorite vegetables, too. I hope you enjoy the sweet potato cheesecake!
Oh, this page is a life saver for me since I just started baking 5 weeks ago. Earlier this week, I started baking pumpkin pie, and was a success. I been looking to make cheesecake and wonder if there is a vegan option. I was not aware of the different range of potatoes that is available. I’m always a sweet gold and purple sweet fan when it comes to sweet potato. Yummy by itself! Can’t wait to do this version of cheesecake.
Baking can be a lot of fun, especially around the holidays. Enjoy!
Cheesecakes are a delicacy and being a sweet-tooth, I simply love them!
The sweet potato cheesecake with all its plants based ingredients sounds so nutritious Nutrition without compromising on tast- that is what I could infer.
Your step-by-step guide on preparing it is very helpful.
I will try this extremely lovely dish this weekend.
Thanks for sharing. Keep sharing more.
I’ll be happy to hear how you like it when you make the sweet potato cheesecake recipe. Thanks for reading!