Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
This easy Vegan Strawberry Cupcake recipe with moist strawberry crumb filled with juicy strawberry pieces and topped with vegan strawberry buttercream. But these wholesome, lovely pink cupcake recipes are perfect for any occasion like Birthday, Christmas season, or Valentines’s Day. You can use frozen strawberries if fresh berries are not available, but the fresh berries will give these treats a fabulous taste and texture.
Pro Recipe Tips For Making Vegan Strawberry Cupcake:
Keep your cupcakes fluffy but moist by remembering these pro recipe tips.
- Measure the flour correctly: The best way to measure the flour if you’re using cups is to the spoon and level method. If you have a food scale then weigh the flour on your food scale for the best accuracy.
- Don’t over-mix the batter: If you over-mix the batter it can cause your cupcakes to not rise properly and it can also affect the texture.
- Bake immediately: If you let the batter sit for too long it can also cause the cupcakes to not rise properly.
- Baking time: Check your cupcakes at 20 minutes and if they’re not done, then put them back in for another 5 minutes.
IT’S BAKE TIME! Let’s do this! Just follow the instructions below to enjoy your fresh, delicious cupcakes!
Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 250g
- 1 cup white granulated sugar 200g, or use allulose or other sweetener
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries 232g, puréed
- 2 tsp strawberry flavoring extract
- ½ cup applesauce or use 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- ⅛ tsp red gel food coloring look for natural brands
For the Strawberry Frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar 480g
- ½ cup vegan butter 112g
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring extract
- 2-3 tbsp strawberries puréed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tray. Set aside.
- Add fresh strawberries to the food processor and purée. Set aside. (See note)
- In a mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, white granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the strawberry purée, strawberry extract, canola oil, white vinegar, and red gel food coloring and mix into a batter. Don’t over-mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of one of the cupcakes. It should come out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tray for a few minutes and then transfer the cupcakes to a wire cooling rack to cool before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting. To a stand mixer, add powdered sugar, vegan butter, strawberry extract, and 2 tablespoons of strawberry purée. From slow speed gradually increase the speed until the frosting is thick and smooth. If it's too thick, add more strawberry purée.
- When the cupcakes have cooled completely pipe on the frosting and serve.
NotesMeasure the flour correctly. The best way to measure the flour if you’re using cups is to use the spoon and level method. If you have a food scale then weigh the flour on your food scale for the best accuracy. Strawberry purée – to make strawberry purée add strawberries to the food processor (leaves cut off) and purée. Around 10.5oz (300g) of strawberries puréed makes enough for the cupcakes and frosting. Strawberry extract – this is great for intensifying the strawberry flavor. The strawberry purées provide plenty of strawberry flavor. Red gel food coloring – this just provides that lovely pink color. We only need to use a tiny bit in this recipe. Our favorite brand is Americolor. Storing and Freezing – they will last for 2-3 days or be covered in the fridge where they will last for up to a week. They are also freezer-friendly if you want to freeze them.
Have you tried these Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes?
If so, please comment below. We like photos, too!
However, comments are welcome before you try them, too!
Vegan Cheesecake Strawberry with Crust
Vegan Dessert Recipe-Valentines Day