Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Are you looking for a delicious and festive vegan dessert to serve at your next holiday gathering? Well, look no further than this yule log cake (Buche de noel)! This French classic is made with layers of chocolate sponge cake, filled with coconut cream, and coated with chocolate ganache. So, why not give this recipe a try today?
Yule Log Cake is also known as Buche de Noel
Yule Log Cake, also known as Buche de Noel, is a traditional Christmas cake that originated in France. The cake is typically made from chocolate sponge cake, rolled into a log shape, and then iced with chocolate buttercream. It is often decorated with edible mushrooms, meringue kisses, or other festive embellishments. While the exact origins of Yule Log Cake are unclear, it is thought to date back to the middle ages when large logs were burned in homes to celebrate the winter solstice. Today, cake is a popular holiday treat enjoyed by people around the world. While it may take some time and effort to make, a homemade Yule Log Cake is sure to impress your holiday guests!
You will love this Christmas holiday cake!
Luckily, there’s a lot to enjoy in this yule log cake as they are decadent and perfect for any holiday occasion. So, if you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that will tantalize taste buds and put smiles on faces, this vegan holiday cake is a perfect choice. But why you will love this cake? Below are the reasons.
1. It’s a Showstopper
There’s no denying that a Yule log cake is a showstopper. This festive dessert is sure to impress any holiday guests, whether they’re friends, family, or co-workers. The best part is that it’s actually relatively easy to make, so you won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen slaving away over a hot stove.
2. It Tastes as Good as it Looks
Not only is a Yule log cake visually stunning, but it also tastes absolutely delicious. The rich chocolate cake is moist and flavorful, and the creamy filling is the perfect finishing touch. Plus, you can get creative with your decorations, using everything from edible glitter to fresh berries.
3. It’s a Timeless Classic
While there are always new and trendy desserts popping up, sometimes it’s nice to stick with a classic. A Yule log cake is the perfect example of a timeless dessert that will never go out of style.
So if you’re looking for a dessert that will please everyone, look no further than the Buche de Noel.
Plant-based ingredients, you will need to gather!
This recipe is made with easy-to-find plant-based ingredients that probably are already in your hand. And of course, they are available in the supermarket. But what are the ingredients present in this beautiful cake? I got you! Below are the ingredients you will need to gather.
1. Chocolate cake: To make this you will need the following, all-purpose flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, kosher salt, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and applesauce.
2. Cream filling: Cream together the coconut cream (full-fat), maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
3. Chocolate ganache: Mix together the vegan butter, cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar, and almond milk
Make sure they are vegan or completely made with plant-based ingredients. So go ahead grab them and bake this yule log cake at your home! Below is the recipe card just follow the instructions and you will have this beautiful cake this coming Christmas day!
Try this timeless classic cake!
Vegan Yule Log Cake (Bûche de Noël)
- 12 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 4 tbsps coconut sugar
- kosher salt pinch
- 8 oz. almond milk plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps applesauce unsweetened
- 14 oz. coconut cream full-fat, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 sticks vegan butter or 1/2 cup spread
- 8 tbsps cocoa powder
- 8 oz. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
Make the chocolate cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the all-purpose flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and kosher salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and applesauce.
- Combine altogether the all-purpose flour mixture and almond milk mixture and mix them well until just combined and the batter is thickened.
- Transfer the thickened batter to a prepared baking sheet and spread it evenly. Bake for 15 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Slowly roll the cake until the batter form like a log. Allow cooling completely at room temperature.
Meanwhile, prepare the cream filling:
- In a medium bowl, beat the chilled coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy using a hand mixer. Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
Now, make the ganache:
- Using a hand mixer, whisk together the vegan butter, cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, and almond milk until smooth. Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
Roll and enjoy!
- Slowly unroll the cooled baked cake and top it with prepared cream filling and spread them evenly. Slowly roll back the cake until it looks like a log.
- Wrap the cake using parchment paper then place it into a baking tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the wrapped parchment paper then pour and spread the prepared ganache on top of the chilled cake.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and slice. Enjoy!
For More Vegan Holiday Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
Try This Holiday Recipe Cake Today!
Christmas is coming, which means it’s time to start thinking about holiday baking! Yule Log Cake, or Buche de Noel, is a classic Christmas dessert that is sure to impress your friends and family. This cake is traditionally made with dairy and eggs, but we’ve created a delicious plant-based version that everyone can enjoy. All you need are a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes