A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
A vegan version of the classic gratin, this zucchini dish is easy to make and perfect for a crowd. Thick slices of zucchini are baked in a creamy sauce until tender and golden brown. Serve this comforting side dish with your favorite main course. Enjoy!
The oh-so-comforting zucchini gratin
Oh-so-comforting, cheesy and delicious, this zucchini gratin will be your new go-to vegan recipe! This dish is packed with healthy ingredients and is sure to please everyone at the table, vegan or not. Let’s explore some of the reasons why this recipe is so comforting.
1. Vegan cheese. Need I say more? Cheese makes everything better, don’t you agree? Fortunately, this recipe uses Nutritional Yeast to create a cheesy flavor without all the saturated fat.
2. Comfort foods are typically hearty and filling, and this gratin definitely fits that bill. Packed with quinoa, beans, and vegetables, it will keep you satisfied for hours.
3. Warmth. There’s nothing like a hot, hearty meal on a cold day. This gratin can be served straight from the oven, giving you that warm, cozy feeling from the inside out.
4. Did I mention it’s delicious? This recipe has all the flavors of a traditional gratin but without any of the guilt. You’ll love it!
Whether you’re looking for a hearty meal to warm you up on a cold day or simply want something delicious to eat, this vegan zucchini gratin is sure to hit the spot! So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Vegan Globetrotter Suggestions and Tips
The following are serving suggestions, recipe tips, and storing tips for zucchini gratin.
- Zucchini gratin can be served as a main course or side dish.
- Pair it with a green salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
- If you want a thinner gratin, slice the zucchini thinly. For a thicker gratin, slice the zucchini thickly.
- Add freshly chopped herbs before serving for extra flavor. Basil, oregano, and thyme all work well with this dish.
- This dish can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat in the oven until warmed through.
- The Parmesan cheese can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and can be reheated and eaten the next day.
Creamy Zucchini Gratin: FAQS
This dish is pretty straightforward to make, but there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that your gratin turns out perfectly. In this blog post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about making a creamy zucchini gratin. With these tips in hand, you’ll be able to make a delicious gratin that will impress your family and friends. Let’s get started!
Can I use other vegetables in this dish?
Yes! While zucchini is the star of this dish, you can absolutely add in other vegetables. Common additions include eggplant, yellow squash, and tomatoes. Just be sure to cut them into similar-sized slices as the zucchini so that they cook evenly.
What kind of cheese should I use in the sauce?
For the best flavor, we recommend using Parmesan cheese in the sauce. However, you can use any type of cheese that you like. If you’re looking for a lighter option, you could use cottage cheese or ricotta cheese instead.
Do I need to peel the zucchini?
No, there’s no need to peel the zucchini before slicing it thinly for this recipe. The skin is edible and provides extra nutrients. Just be sure to give it a good wash before cutting it into thin rounds.
Armed with these tips, you’re ready to make a delicious creamy zucchini gratin that will impress your family and friends. If you have any other questions about making this dish, feel free to leave them in the comments below!
Try this vegan gratin now!
Creamy Zucchini Gratin
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium zucchini squash cut into thin rounds, green and yellow
- 2 small asparagus bunch
- 1 medium white onion cut into thin rings
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese vegan
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Creamy Zucchini Gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, add the nutritional yeast, raw cashews, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Blend them until combined.
- In a skillet heat the oil over low-high heat, then saute the white onion and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook them for 10 minutes. Set them aside.
- Wash and slice the squash and cut the leafy green part of the asparagus for about 2 inches.
- Add the squash, asparagus, olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Toss until everything is combined.
- In a round skillet, spread the sauteed onions, add the squash, layered with zucchini yellow and green., then add the asparagus.
- Over the layered zucchini and asparagus, top with prepared vegan Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes and broil for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with chickpea or hummus. Enjoy!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
1. Vegan Brussels Sprout Gratin
2. Black Bean and Zucchini Casserole
3. Air-Fried Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta
To Wrap It All Up
If you’re in need of a comfort food that will please everyone, try this creamy zucchini gratin. It’s packed with flavor and nutrients, and it’s easy to make vegan. This dish is sure to become a new family favorite. For more vegan globetrotter suggestions and tips, check out our website. And don’t forget to try this vegan gratin now!
Connect With Us
If you tried this creamy zucchini gratin take a 📸 and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. 📩 In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes.
Italian Crunchy Au Gratin Peppers
Zucchini and Spinach Casserole
Are Zucchini and Squash Related?
Don't miss out
when new recipes and information are added!
Join our newsletter for free recipes,
healthy living inspiration, and special offers
You have Successfully Subscribed!