Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Cheesy Vegan Brussels Sprout Gratin
This dish for cheesy vegan brussels sprouts gratin uses freshly roasted Brussels sprouts, stuffed with parmesan cheese and grated gruyere cheese, and seitan or another vegan bacon alternative. This luscious side dish is compelling if you’re looking for a way to spice up regular Brussels sprouts, whether for a quick weeknight dinner or to add to your holiday menu!
Looking for a delicious and satisfying vegan dish to enjoy on a holiday night or on a dinner night? Look no further than this Vegan Brussels Sprout Gratin!
This dish is perfect for a vegetarian and nonvegetarians. If you want something comforting and filling, must try this. It is made with creamy coconut milk, savory garlic, and roasted Brussels sprouts, making it a tasty and nutritious meal.
Give this recipe a try today! ?
This vegan brussels sprout gratin recipe calls for plant-based ingredients. Some of the ingredients are in your pantry some are not but don’t worry they are all easy to find. So let’s find out below:
1. Brussels Sprouts: Before roasting them trimmed and sliced them first.
2. Seitan: Originally it’s bacon but to make it a vegan substitute for seitan, shiitake mushroom, tempeh, and your preferred vegan bacon alternative.
3. Garlic: Use fresh for freshness flavor.
4. Shallot: It has a mild flavor to onions and that really works well in the cream sauce.
5. Coconut milk: You can use any dairy-free milk in this recipe.
6. Arrowroot starch: You may use all-purpose as an alternative.
7. Vegetable Broth: It is used to make the cream sauce, do not skip this.
8. Dijon Mustard: Adds a zesty flavor to the cream sauce.
9. Shredded and Grated Cheese: Vegan parmesan and gruyere cheese are used in this recipe they have a magical taste combination. You can use any vegan cheese to your liking.
10. Herbs and Spices: Nutmeg and dried thyme add an extra flavor to the sauce.
11. Panko Breadcrumbs: It gives a nutty texture, you can use any vegan breadcrumbs.
- You can use any alternative ingredients to your liking but make it 100% vegan.
- If brussels sprout is your favorite you can also try Garlicky Brussels Sprouts in Cheesy Sauce, they are also vegan.
I hope you will enjoy them too.
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about this vegan Brussels sprout gratin, you can leave a comment below and we will respond to you as soon as possible. 🙂
1. Instead of arrowroot starch, what can I use?
- If you don’t have arrowroot starch in your pantry you can use all-purpose, corn starch, or any vegan-friendly.
2. Should I use seitan in this recipe?
- You can skip but I highly recommended it. You may still use shiitake mushroom and tempeh. But if you did not like any I mentioned. You can omit them. you’ll need to use another fat, such as vegan butter when cooking the garlic and shallot.
3. Can I prepare this ahead of time?
- Yes, to make your holiday night preparations a little easier, you can prepare this meal a day in advance. Prepare and bake the gratin as directed in order to create this dish in advance. After that, let it completely cool before putting it and covering it in the refrigerator. The gratin should be taken out of the refrigerator and let come to room temperature before reheating. Bake the casserole for a further 26 to 30 minutes, covered, until well warm.
A Recipe Hack: Brussels Sprout Gratin
These hacks I listed will gonna help you to have a perfect gratin ever! Happy learning! 🙂
Save Your Time!
- Using pre-shredded brussels sprouts in this dish is a terrific way to cut back on prep time! In your local store, look for them in the bagged vegetable area.
- For up to three-four days, cooked Brussels sprouts au gratin can be kept, covered, in the refrigerator.
This vegan brussels sprouts gratin is easy to make below is the list of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions. If you do this leave a comment below with a star. ??
Have a fulfilling Casserole! ?
Cheesy Vegan Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Brussels Sprout Gratin:
- 1-2 cups Brussels sprouts trimmed and cut
- 1 tbsp oil extra-virgin
- 4-5 slices seitan or substitute tempeh, shiitake mushroom,
- 2 small shallot minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic cut and sliced
- 1-2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 7 oz coconut milk full-fat
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 8 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp gruyere cheese vegan, homemade
Cheesy Brussels Sprout Gratin:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a casserole dish, combine the brussels sprout with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Roast them for 21-25 minutes or till completely cooked. Set them aside.
- To cook the sauce, in a medium skillet, cook the seitan or any vegan substitute for bacon till crispy. Add the garlic and shallot then cook again for at least 4-5 minutes.
- Pour and combine the cooked seitan into the arrowroot starch and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut milk panko bread crumbs, vegetable broth, mustard, thyme, nutmeg, and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Allow the sauce to simmer for around 6-10 minutes
- Mix the seitan mixture with the shredded parmesan cheese. Spill the sauce over the roasted brussels sprout and top with grated vegan gruyere cheese.
- Bake the prepared brussels sprout at 400°F till the cheese melt and have bubbles on the side or bake for around 11-15 minutes.
For More Vegan Recipes
The recipes below I’ve suggested are completely vegan and 100% made with plant-based ingredients. They are a great addition to your vegan meal.
- Grilled Peach Basil and Vegan Goat Cheese Pizza: This pizza is a hit! It is a gooey vegan dish that will satisfy your cravings.
- Vegan Kale Smoothie: Gives a boost of vitamin C in the morning. Banana, pineapple, and lemon are present in this smoothie.
- Super Greens Soup: Perfect for chilly days and made with chickpeas and green peas.
- Green Smoothie Pancakes: This pancake is a great addition to your healthy breakfast routine.
- Crispy Kale Chips: It is prepared in an air-fryer for 5 minutes. Adaptable and perfect for the keto diet.
To Wrap It All Up
This vegan brussels sprout gratin is an oh-so-cheesy and oh-so-healthy recipe for holiday night or dinner night! It is dairy-free and made with 100% plant-based ingredients and is a great addition to your vegan meal. This vegetarian meal is fulfilling and comforting. In addition, it can make ahead of time to save time.
Connect With Us!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter that will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?