A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Air-Fried Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta
This Air-Fried Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta is easy to cook in Air-Fryer. This is my take on an Italian style, and it’s cheesy and delicious. Before everything is baked to perfection, the baked eggplant slices are covered in marinara sauce and vegan parmesan. Is there anything more reassuring than that? With Caesar salad and garlic bread on the side, this nicer weekday night dinner becomes even more delectable. This hearty meal will quickly warm you up!
What Is Air Fryer?
Air fryers are ideal for plant-based, and whole-food so that they enable you to cook snacks and completely crispy meals without the use of oil.
Why Will You Enjoy This Recipe?
- The eggplant is wrapped in crispbread and cooked until golden brown.
- It’s stuffed with parmesan cheese and your favorite marinara sauce.
- It’ll convert eggplant skeptics (like myself!) into believers.
- It’s a simple vegan main course recipe to include in your weekly menu.
Tips to Perfect This Recipe
- Is eggplant a little too bitter for you? By lining the slices of eggplant with paper towels and sprinkling each one with a teaspoon of salt, you can extract the bitter-tasting liquid. Allow them to sit for 1 hour before rinsing and patting them dry. But I honestly didn’t think it was necessary.
- You have the option of leaving the peel of eggplant on or removing it. Since eggplant peel is perfectly edible, the choice is entirely yours!
- Vary according to the size of your air-fryer basket, you could only need to fry a few eggplant slices at a time; to keep air-fried slices warm, place them on a baking sheet in a 250°F oven while the remaining slices cook.
- You can use any vegan cheese.
When served right away, eggplant parmesan is at its crispiest. Leftovers, on the other hand, can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the air fryer. It won’t keep in the freezer.
Do this right away! Go to your kitchen and serve it to your family and friends.
Try Our Air-Fried Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta:
Air-Fried Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta
- 5 crispbread crackers, vegan
- 4 tsp nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning dried, crushed
- 2 oz soy milk unsweetened, unflavored soy, oat, almond, rice, or cashew
- 1 lb eggplant peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 cups linguine dry whole grain, or pasta of your choice
- 3 small onion chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper green, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 15 cups marinara sauce oil-free
- 14 cups tomatoes undrained, no-salt-added, diced
- 2 oz fresh basil chopped
- ½ cup Nutritional Yeast or vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
- In a food processor, mix 4 tsp of nutritional yeast, crackers, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Pulse till finely chopped.
- Soak the eggplant slice into the milk and crumbs, lightly coating all sides.
- Air fry the eggplant slices till soft and the breading is crunchy.
- In the meantime, cook the linguine as per package instructions. Return to the pot after draining.
- In medium heat, cook the bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion till tender. Add water as needed to avert sticking.
- Place in the pot with the pasta. Combine the tomatoes and marinara sauce in a mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes, or until completely heated.
- Serve the linguine mixture topped with the eggplant. Finish with the remaining 1 tsp. basil and the ½ cup nutritional yeast
Note:This makes an incredible entree and pairs well with broccoli sauteed in garlic. In fact, we often make this for our Italian nights. Start with a green salad. Add in some whole grain garlic rolls. Linguine brings that "It's Italian" flavor. However, we usually opt for these " data-eafl-id="6306" data-eafl-parsed="1" class="eafl-link eafl-link-text eafl-link-direct" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">organic whole grain shells. They just call out to the sauce!
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please leave a comment and a rating in the box below!
Authentic Mexican Enchiladas Recipe
Don't miss out
when new recipes and information are added!
Join our newsletter for free recipes,
healthy living inspiration, and special offers
You have Successfully Subscribed!