Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Fried Portobello Mushrooms
If you’re searching for a vegan classic, these fried portobello mushrooms are a must-try. These portobello mushrooms are delectable, slightly crunchy on the outside, and delightfully delicate on the inside — they’ve even converted our own mushroom reviewer! With just a basic spice combination, you can prepare these portobello mushrooms in the Air-fryer in minutes and enjoy them as a side dish.
If you like more air-fryer recipes you can add these to your lists; Air-Fried Eggplant Parmesan with Pasta, Crispy Kale Chips, Mixed Vegetables With Stir-Fry Tofu. Is there anything better than eating vegetables that are very tasty? I don’t believe so, either! This dish elevates mushrooms to a new level of flavor and texture. These mushrooms are simple to prepare and cook, and they will offer a nutritious side dish to any main meal in a classy style.
What Is Portobello Mushroom?
Portobello mushrooms are the mature form of edible fungus. They’re a big mushroom, meaty, chewy texture, savory flavor, and dense. Stuffed, broiled, grilled, and used as a meat replacement in sandwiches and burgers are all common ways to prepare them.
Commonly Asked Questions
- You can use dried thyme, but dry oregano can also be used.
- We merely add a smidgeon of oil to make the mushrooms soft and appetizing!
- You can produce additional mushrooms, but they must be laid out flat (not stacked)
- This dish may use any dipping sauce.
Vegan Globetrotter Pro-Tips
Here’s what I’ve discovered that will help you perfect the recipe the first time and every time after that:
- The oil is excellent for seasoning the mushrooms; we only need a small amount.
- Along the process, you may take the basket out by the handle to check on how the mushrooms are cooking.
- There are many different sizes of air-fryer. Some will cook quicker while others will cook slower depending on the model.
- Check the mushrooms after 2 minutes to observe how they are cooking the first time you prepare the recipe.
- Topped with your favorite vegan toppings.
Frying Portobello Mushrooms are really delectable! Try this air-fry recipe and share it with your family and friends.
Try Our Fried Portobello Mushroom:
Frying Portobello Mushrooms
- 7 portobello mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- thyme dried
- salt pinch
- Turn on the air fryer to 350°F
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, oil, pepper, and salt then toss to combine.
- Brush each side of the mushroom cap with an oil mixture.
- Fry each mushroom cap for 5 minutes.
- Top with herbs and dip in yogurt sauce. (Optional)
If you make this Fried Portobello Mushroom please leave a comment below and rate the recipe on the recipe card.
Also, please tag us in your photos on our social media pages. I like seeing your recreations!