Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Korean cuisine is renowned for its rich flavors, vibrant colors, and wholesome ingredients. Among its many delightful dishes, one that stands out for its simplicity and heartwarming qualities is the Korean Mushroom Hot Pot or Beoseot Jeongol. This comforting hot pot is a harmonious blend of earthy mushrooms, fresh vegetables, and a fragrant broth, making it a perfect choice for those seeking a nutritious and satisfying meal.
Korean Mushroom Hot Pot (Beoseot Jeongol): A Symphony of Earthy Flavors and Textures!
At the heart of this delectable dish lies a medley of mushrooms, which lend their distinct flavors and textures. From the meaty shiitake mushrooms to the delicate enoki mushrooms and the robust oyster mushrooms, each variety adds its unique essence to the hot pot. The combination of these mushrooms creates a symphony of flavors that is both earthy and savory, making it a true delight for the taste buds.
Choose a variety of mushrooms
Experiment with different types of mushrooms to enhance the complexity of flavors in the hot pot. Shiitake, oyster, enoki, and king oyster mushrooms are all excellent options.
Use homemade broth
A flavorful broth is the foundation of a delicious hot pot. Consider making a homemade vegetable or mushroom broth to elevate the dish to new heights.
Add a kick of heat
If you enjoy a bit of spice, add Korean chili paste (gochujang) to the broth. It will bring a delightful kick to the dish without overpowering the other flavors.
Customize with additional ingredients
Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, tofu varieties, or even protein sources like seitan to make the hot pot your own.
Korean Mushroom Hot Pot (Beoseot Jeongol)
If you want to try this Korean Mushroom Hot Pot (Beoseot Jeongol) recipe, share your photo and experience. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter, #mushroomhotpot, and #beoseotjeongol
Korean Mushroom Hot Pot (Beoseot Jeongol)
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 5 cups water
- 1 small onion cut into big chunks
- 3 ounces Korean radish cut into big chunks
- 1 large dried kelp kombu
- 4 mushroom stems
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces mushrooms button, shiitake, oyster, crimini, enoki, etc.
- 2 scallions cut into small pieces
- 2 ounces watercress
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- Place the water and the broth vegetables in a medium-sized pot. Bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes. Discard the vegetables. Season the soup with soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cut the mushrooms into bite-size slices (about 1/4-inch thick). Mushrooms cook down quite a bit, so don’t cut too thin. If using oyster mushrooms, split them lengthwise into bite-size pieces.
- Neatly arrange the mushrooms and scallions in clusters in a shallow pot. Add 2 cups of broth. Boil over medium to medium-high heat until mushrooms are softened. You can add more broth and any remaining ingredients while eating if you’re cooking at the table.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made entirely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make an excellent addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty, even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
The Korean Mushroom Hot Pot, or Beoseot Jeongol, is a delightful and comforting dish that embodies the essence of Korean cuisine. Its harmonious blend of mushrooms, fresh vegetables, and fragrant broth creates a symphony of flavors that is both nourishing and satisfying. Whether enjoyed as a cozy family meal or as part of a gathering with friends, this hot pot promises to warm both body and soul. So, gather your ingredients, embrace the aromas, and let the Korean Mushroom Hot Pot transport you to a realm of culinary delight.
Connect With Us
If you tried this Korean Mushroom Hot Pot (Beoseot Jeongol) recipe, take a picture or video, tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To ensure you don’t miss any recipes, subscribe to our email newsletter, which will be delivered to your inbox every week. In addition, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes, visit Best Baking Tips. They also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!