Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Do you love mushrooms and wish there was an easy and scrumptious way to enjoy them every day? If so, this Mushroom Pot Pie recipe is for you! The combination of rich mushroom flavors blended with a flaky, golden-brown crust will tantalize your taste buds and leave guests asking for more. Enjoy the warm creaminess from the comforting coconut cream sauce that binds together savory mushrooms with herbs like thyme and parsley in each bite. This delicious meal is perfect for any weeknight dinner or special occasion gathering – it’s sure to be a hit!
Mushroom Pot Pie: It’s sure to be a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike!
Are you on the hunt for comfort food that’s deliciously savory and oh-so-satisfying? Look no further than a steaming hot mushroom pot pie! This classic dish of flaky pie crust stuffed with earthy mushrooms, vegetables, and a savory sauce will have you licking your lips in anticipation. As you cut into the crispy crust, the aroma of warm, hearty goodness rises up to meet your nose. Every spoonful of the creamy filling is packed with tender mushrooms and vegetables, each bite leaving you wanting more. Whether you’re looking for a cozy dinner for two or a crowd-pleasing family dish, this mushroom pot pie will definitely hit the spot.
If there was ever a meal that was the Jack-of-all-trades, it’s mushroom pot pie. This dish is hearty, filling, and oh-so-comforting, making it the perfect fall and winter meal. But what about serving it? Sure, it’s always delicious as is, but sometimes you want to mix things up a little.
One recommendation is to serve it with a side of roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Not only do they complement the flavors perfectly, but the creamy and buttery texture pairs well with the flaky crust. Another idea is to start with a simple side salad made with mixed greens, dried cranberries, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. The sweetness of the cranberries balances out the earthy tones of the mushrooms while the tangy dressing brightens up the dish. Trust us, the possibilities are endless when it comes to serving mushroom pot pie. Go ahead, venture out, and try something new!
Make Them Ahead!
If you’re a mushroom lover like me, you know that there’s nothing better than a freshly baked mushroom pot pie straight from the oven. But let’s be real, sometimes we just don’t have the time to whip up a delicious pot pie on a whim. That’s why I’m here to share my secrets on how to make mushroom pot pies ahead of time. By prepping the filling and crust ahead of time, you can pop these bad boys in the oven whenever you’re ready for a warm and comforting meal that’s packed with flavor. Trust me, your future self will thank you for taking the time to make these ahead.
Mushroom Pot Pie
If you want to try this Vegan Mushroom Pot Pie recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #mushroompotpie
Mushroom Pot Pie
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 4 ounces coconut oil divided
- 4 cups cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 medium carrots finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 sprigs thyme finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over low heat, then add a tablespoon of the coconut oil. Add the mushrooms along with a pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring periodically, to soften and release some of their natural liquid.
- Turn the heat up to medium and brown the mushrooms for several minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan, set aside, and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil and add the onions, celery, and carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes until soft, stirring periodically, then add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the stock, paprika, and cooked mushrooms.
- Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the coconut cream and remove from the heat. Add the thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Divide the filling into four ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry thin and cut 4 rounds approximately 1 inch larger than the width of the ramekins. Brush with coconut oil on the rim of each ramekin and 1/2 inch down the sides.
- Top with the puff pastry, folding the excess over and gently pressing it against the ramekins.
- Brush the top of the dough with coconut oil and use a small knife to poke 3 small holes in the top of each pot pie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Allow to cool briefly before serving.
- Serve warm, and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
Mushroom pot pie is a versatile and delicious dish that can be enjoyed anytime. The combination of mushrooms, buttery crust, coconut cream, and herbs allow for a flavorful and satisfying meal or snack. With its accuracy to detail, rich flavors, and unique presentation you can guarantee your mushroom pot pie will stand out from the rest. If you’re looking for an easy way to impress friends or family then look no further than this savory delight! Try it out tonight and let us know what you think! Happy cooking everyone!
Connect With Us
If you tried this vegan Mushroom Pot Pie recipe, take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!