Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Are you ready for the ultimate combo of sweet, savory, garlicky goodness? Look no further than this delicious vegan caramelized onion and garlic dip! With just a few simple ingredients and less than an hour’s time, you can create a heavenly appetizer or side dish your friends and family will adore. Balance out that flavor by adding roasted peppers or fresh herbs to make it even tastier. Soon enough everyone in the room will be asking how they can get their hands on this delectable concoction!
Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip: An Explosion of Flavor!
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dip to serve at your next gathering, search no more. Our vegan caramelized onion and garlic dip is a crowd-pleaser that will impress even the most discerning palate. The sweetness of the onions pairs perfectly with the tangy garlic, and all without any animal products. This dip is not only tasty but also suitable for those with dietary restrictions. Enjoy it with your favorite veggies, crackers, or chips for a flavorful snack or appetizer. Trust us, your guests will thank you for this savory treat!
Indulging in the savory, yet healthy goodness of vegan caramelized onion and garlic dip is a treat best enjoyed with friends and family. With its rich and complex flavors, this dip is a versatile and crowd-pleasing dish that is ideal for any gathering. For best results, pair this dip with crispy pita chips, fresh veggies, or artisanal crackers. Additionally, you can add a touch of sweetness to your dip by serving it with apple slices or drizzling honey on top. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a tasty snack, this vegan caramelized onion and garlic dip is sure to delight your guests and taste buds alike.
Once you have made the perfect batch of Vegan Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip, it is important to store it properly to ensure that it remains fresh and tasty for as long as possible. The best way to store this dip is by placing it in an airtight container and refrigerating it. This will help to maintain its flavor and prevent it from getting spoiled. Additionally, if you plan on storing it for an extended period, you can freeze it in small portions, allowing you to enjoy it at your convenience. By following these simple storage tips, your vegan dip will remain perfectly fresh and ready to enjoy whenever you are.
Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip
If you want to try this Vegan Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #caramelizedoniongarlicdip
Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 cups onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil additional for garlic drizzle
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp kosher salt divided, to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ tsp white pepper to taste
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the top of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Set in the middle of a large square of foil and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Wrap the foil around the bulb.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cloves are tender. Set aside to let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Add onions and shallots. Stir in balsamic and about 1/2 tsp of salt until coated. Cook for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally as they caramelize.
- Deglaze the pan with stock or water. Scrape the bottom of the pan as you add the liquid. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes until onions are a deep golden brown and caramelized. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic bulb to remove the cloves, then chop the cloves finely to add to the dip.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut cream, vegan mayo, salt and white pepper to taste, onion powder, onions, and garlic.
- Top with chives and/or chopped parsley as desired. Serve with potato chips or veggie slices.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
Making this vegan caramelized onion and garlic dip is a delicious way to add a little something special to any meal. While the ingredients may seem simple, the flavor punch is huge. The Layered Dip alternative makes it an easy appetizer to bring to any gathering or just whip up quickly for yourself anytime you need a little boost of flavor.
We hope you give this recipe a try and let us know what you think! Whether served warm or chilled, the caramelized onions bring the richness that makes this dip one-of-a-kind so make sure to check out all of our other recipes at Menu Me Up Quick and get in the kitchen today! After all, there’s nothing better than enjoying a scrumptious snack made with love at home.
Connect With Us
If you tried this Green Olive Tapenade recipe, take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!