Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, and colorful meal to make, look no further than Rainbow Salad in a Jar! This easy-to-make salad is the perfect way to enjoy fresh vegetables and fruits while packing in the nutrients. It’s also an ideal option for lunch or dinner on the go since it can be stored in mason jars and taken with you wherever you go. With a variety of ingredients like tomatoes, carrots, corn, spinach, and more, this salad is sure to satisfy your taste buds while providing essential vitamins and minerals. So get creative with your ingredients and make yourself a Rainbow Salad in a Jar today!
Rainbow Salad in a Jar: Taste the Rainbow, But Way Healthier!
You know what they say, you eat with your eyes first. And let me tell you, this Rainbow Salad in a Jar is an absolute feast for the eyes. The vibrant hues of the vegetables layered so beautifully in a jar is like looking at a work of art. But it’s not just about looks, this salad is also jam-packed with all the delicious and nutritious goodness your body needs. With its layers of fresh veggies, healthy fats, and protein, it’s a complete meal in itself that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized. So why settle for a boring and dull salad when you can have this explosion of colors and flavors in a jar?
Thank you for choosing to make a Rainbow Salad in a Jar! Here are some ingredient variations that will add even more color and flavor to your already vibrant salad:
- Instead of quinoa, try using farro or barley as your grain base. These hearty grains bring a nutty flavor and chewy texture to the salad.
- Swap out red cabbage for green cabbage or Napa cabbage. They both still bring that crunchy texture, but with a milder flavor that won’t overpower the other ingredients.
- Experiment with different types of greens! Arugula, kale, or mixed baby lettuces are all great options that will add a slightly different flavor to your salad.
- Add some sweetness with diced or canned pineapple, mandarin oranges, or pomegranate seeds. Not only do they bring a pop of color, but they also add a nice contrast to the savory veggies.
- Roasted sweet potato or butternut squash can add a warm, comforting element to your salad. Plus, they’re high in fiber and nutrients!
- Mix up the colors of your bell peppers – try orange, yellow, or even purple. This will add even more variety to your salad and make it even more visually appealing.
- Instead of tomatoes, try diced cucumber or halved cherry tomatoes. Cucumber adds a refreshing crunch while cherry tomatoes burst with sweetness in every bite.
No matter what variations you choose, the Rainbow Salad in a Jar is a delicious and nutritious meal that will brighten up your day. Enjoy!
Make Them Ahead!
Rainbow Salad in a Jar is a colorful and delicious way to stay healthy and nourished during hectic weekdays. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy a quick and easy meal on the go, here’s how to make them ahead like a pro.
- To start, gather all your ingredients: quinoa, red cabbage, spinach, corn, carrots, red bell pepper, and tomatoes. Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions, and let it cool. Chop the red cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper, and tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry the spinach leaves.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the jars. Start by layering the ingredients in the jars in this order: dressing, quinoa, red cabbage, spinach, corn, carrots, red bell pepper, and tomatoes. Make sure each layer is evenly distributed, and press down lightly with a spoon to make room for more ingredients. Repeat until the jar is full.
- Close the lid tightly and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to eat, give the jar a good shake to mix everything together, and enjoy your Rainbow Salad in a Jar.
By making these salads ahead of time, you’ll have a nutritious meal ready to go whenever you need it. Plus, it’s a perfect solution for those who want to meal prep or pack a lunch for work or school.
Rainbow Salad in a Jar
If you want to try this Rainbow Salad in a Jar recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #rainbowsaladjar
Rainbow Salad in a Jar
Let's gather the ingredients!
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper ground
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- ½ large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- Combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix well. Evenly divide the dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars. Set aside.
- Evenly layer the quinoa, red cabbage, spinach, corn kernels, carrots, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes on top of the dressing in the jars.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
After reading this blog post, you are now equipped with several tips and tricks for succeeding at making your own rainbow salad in a jar. Additionally, you got some food safety knowledge and know what the appropriate temperature range is when storing your salad in the fridge. Most importantly, you can now make a homemade salad that looks as beautiful as it tastes! With proper layering, your allergies or dietary restrictions will also be taken into account.
Start creating your salads today to take advantage of all these health benefits! It’s an excellent way to kick off your day or break up the monotony of dinner time with something new and exciting. Try out different combos of colors and dressings until you find what works best for you! Let us know your thoughts about rainbow salads in a jar — we would love to hear from you!
Connect With Us
If you tried this vegan Rainbow Salad in a Jar recipe, take a photo or video and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week.
In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!