Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Vegan Quinoa Summer Salad with Sweet Lime Salad Dressing
Salads on repeat are a must in the summer, but they don’t have to be monotonous. I’m talking about delicious salads like this vibrant Vegan Quinoa Summer Salad with Sweet Lime Salad Dressing. It’s jam-packed with summer’s best ingredients. This salad is simple to cook, and the quinoa core makes it filling enough for lunch or dinner. It’s ideal for those hot summer days when you want something mild, fresh, and tasty.
How To Prepare Quinoa
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa under running water. The bitter coating on the outside of the quinoa is cleansed by rinsing it.
- Place the quinoa in a pot with 2-3 cups of water and cover. Stir with a pinch of salt to taste.
- Boil the quinoa on a medium-high heat, boiled until soft. Once cooked, remove it from the heat.
Allow the quinoa to cool completely before using it in this recipe. I prefer to prepare it a day ahead of time, but one hour in the refrigerator would enough. It’s not difficult to make the salad once the quinoa is cooked. Drizzle in the dressing and toss everything together until everything is well coated.
Preparation and Storage
This salad is perfect for meal planning because it can be made ahead of time. The dressing as well as the prepared quinoa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. So that you can finish them and get them out of the way.
Cut the corn off the cob and dice the red onion ahead of time if desired. To keep the ingredients as fresh as possible, Slice and dice the peaches, basil, tomatoes, and avocado just before serving.
This salad is best served fresh, but it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You will love this vegan quinoa summer salad. It is so flavorful and healthy,
Vegan Quinoa Summer Salad You’ll Love
Vegan Summer Quinoa Salad (Dairy-Free)
- 1-2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2-3 cups water
- 2 small peaches sliced and pitted
- 1-2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large sweet corn fresh
- 1 large avocado sliced and pitted, ripe
- 1 small red onion diced
- 8 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 8 tbsp basil chopped, fresh
- In a saucepan, boiled the quinoa for at least 14-15 minutes or till the quinoa is soft. Once cooked, place to a big bowl. Allow to cool
- Combine the peaches, corn, avocado, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and basil into the cooled quinoa.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing over the quinoa salad. Serve chilled or at room temperature. (see note)
- I recommend Sweet Lime Salad Dressing it gives more flavor. It is easy to make with 6 basic plant-based ingredients.