A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Smoked Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burger with a touch of Tarragon based Sauce
Do you want a burger, but prefer it to be vegetarian or vegan? I have some exciting recipe news for you! Allow me to sate your hunger with this Smoked Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burger with a touch of flavorful cashew-tarragon-based sauce. This burger is made with plant-based ingredients: tomato, fresh spinach, and smoky Portobello mushrooms. This burger is perfect for summer and every Fourth of July. It is also kid-friendly.
In this crowd-pleasing recipe, you can still satisfy your burger cravings. The sauce is made of tarragon, which gives it a glossy appearance that makes everyone want to devour this smoked Portobello mushroom burger. To make this healthier, you may use store-bought gluten-free buns or homemade buns. They are perfect when paired with vegan baked French fries.
Portobello as your Patty Burger
This dish calls for Portobello mushrooms, which have a meaty flavor and can be used to make vegan burgers and sandwiches. They can be grilled, broiled, roasted, or stuffed. They can be found in stores as well as in your own backyard or farm. Don’t be afraid to explore this smoky vegan Portobello mushroom burger. You can use any kind of mushroom as to your liking. Read this: Essential Guide to Different Types of Mushrooms
For the best result, marinate the Portobello mushrooms before grilling. The key ingredients to marinate them are: balsamic vinegar, freshly ground black pepper, minced garlic, cayenne, vegan soy sauce, and rosemary. In a big bowl, mix them all together and let the Portobello mushrooms sit till they absorb the balsamic vinegar mixture. When grilling on a grill pan or charcoal heat, brush them with the mixture for the best taste.
Instead of Mayo, use Tarragon as your Sauce!
Yes, tarragon will give this vegan Portobello mushroom burger a creamy flavor. Puree the tarragon, garlic, cashew, Dijon mustard, lemon, tahini, dairy-free milk, and season to taste with black pepper. This sauce adds the best taste that will give you more appetite. The steps and ingredients are included in the recipe card below.
Let’s give it a shot! Make this vegan Portobello mushroom burger in your grill pan. This vegan burger is perfect for breakfast.
Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burger is a Must-Try!
Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burger
Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burger:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews drenched in hot water for 14-15 minutes.
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup milk plant-based, unsweetened and unflavored
- 1/3 cup tarragon fresh and chopped
- black pepper ground, to taste
- 4 pieces portobello mushrooms removed stems
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 buns whole grain, gluten-free, toasted, and split.
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 4-5 slices tomato
- For The Sauce: In a small food processor, mix the ingredients from drained cashews to minced garlic. Mix till very smooth: slowly add unsweetened milk till creamy. Toss in tarragon and season to taste with black pepper.
- Rub the portobello mushrooms with vinegar then grill for 16 to 20 minutes over medium heat or till crisp.
- On whole grain buns, put mushrooms, spinach, and tomato slices. Pour the sauce on top. Serve right away!
- Soak sprigs of tarragon in water and sprinkle them onto the fire while cooking to give the mushroom patties a smokey tarragon taste.
For More Related Recipes
- Fried Portobello Mushrooms: This recipe is simple to make and is perfect for your side dish that contains plant-based ingredients and can cook in the air-fryer.
- Portobello Mushroom Supper: It is an excellent meat-less recipe perfect for any occasion. It is also a side-dish that goes well in veggies and roasted recipe.
This vegan Portobello mushroom burger is a great way to start your day! It is both vegetarian and child-friendly. This recipe is really as healthful as it sounds. You’ll do a happy dance when grilling the Portobello mushroom—this vegan burger recipe will give you a morning vibe.
Check these out: