A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake With Crust
Another cheesecake? This creamy Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake with Crust is no-bake, refined sugar-free, paleo, raw, healthy, and addictive! In addition, this dairy-free cheesecake will fool into believing it’s not healthy! So rich and soft with fresh fruit flavor and incredibly creamy texture! This is the best vegan strawberry dessert you can ask for!
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crust
I wanted this no-bake vegan strawberry cheesecake to be indulgent. So, I made a classic buttery graham cracker crust using common ingredients including:
- Vegan-friendly cookies.
- Melted vegan butter or melted coconut oil.
- Sweetener, if desired.
Tips: You can also use a food processor to crush the cookies or you can use a rolling pin and smash the cookies in a reusable silicon bag or in a large bowl.
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups plain sweet cookies glute-free and/or refined sugar-free if needed (See note.)
- ⅓ cup vegan butter margarine or coconut oil, melted
Vegan strawberry cheesecake filling
- 2 cups vegan cream cheese room temperature (2x regular tubs)
- ½ cup granulated sugar or light-color sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or cacao butter or 2 tsp agar powder (See note)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice and zest or to taste (around ½ lemon)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 3 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup thick canned coconut cream (See note)
- ¼ cup corn starch or cornflour
- 1 tsp beetroot powder to color, if needed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries stems removed ( See note)
- 1 tbsp corn starch or cornflour
- Line an 8-inch spring-form or loose-bottom cake tin with baking paper.
To make the crust:
- Add the cookies to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of your cake tin. Set aside.
To make the filling:
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice or zest, and vanilla extract to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and a dash of water to a medium-size saucepan over high heat. Simmer and mash with a fork or stick blender to help the strawberries break down. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has reduced, heaped it. It should be the texture of tomato pasta sauce.
- Add the coconut cream and corn starch or flour to the saucepan of reduced strawberries and whisk thoroughly. Bring it to a gentle boil for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens up. The mixture may separate which is normal!
- Add the strawberry mixture to your food processor or blender with the cream cheese mixture and blend until as smooth as possible. If desired, add beetroot powder to the color cheesecake filling into your cake tin and smooth the top. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Add most of the strawberries and all the cornflour/starch to a small saucepan over high heat. Mash the strawberries with a fork or stick blender. Stir until thickened to a jam-like consistency. Sweeten if desired.
- Just before serving, top the cheesecake with the strawberry compote and reserved strawberries. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 5 days.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
If you do, let us know in the comments below about your experience. Moreover, if you haven’t tried this yet, what are you waiting for? Go and try this recipe with your family.