Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Vegan Strawberry Mousse Pie
This Vegan Strawberry Mousse Pie is light, creamy, and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor! They are the perfect desserts for spring, summer, and valentine’s day. Also, you can add mint leaves for a prettier presentation. I always think it’s funny when people are skeptical of vegan (and gluten-free) desserts. We’ve all heard horror stories of sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan cookies that taste like cardboard and flax seeds. But when done right, they’re just as delicious as desserts made with more traditional ingredients.
How to serve the pie?
I decorated my vegan strawberry mousse pie with extra sliced strawberries because it’s very pretty and also to increase that fresh strawberry flavor.
Another great option instead of the strawberries or in addition to would-be some lightly sweetened whipped cream on the side. I generally use about 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to 1 cup of heavy whipping cream when making whipped cream.
How can I make Strawberry Mousse Pie a bit more healthy?
If you are focusing on clean eating or just want to save a few calories, try skipping the pie crust altogether! Choose a pretty trifle bowl or several small serving bowls instead of pie crust. You can also opt to sweeten the berries and heavy cream with a little honey instead of sugar.
Vegan Strawberry Mousse Pie
- 1 ¼ cup raw unsalted almonds
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 4 medjool dates pitted and halved
- 1 ½ tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours in room temp water
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup vegan plain yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the topping: fresh berries, coconut flakes
- In a food processor, pulse almonds, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and salt until crumbly.
- Add dates, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla and pulse until crust mixture comes together when pinched between your fingers.
- Press firmly in even layer into an 8-10 inch tart pan. Freeze for 15-20 minutes while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to run through the blend cycle depending on your blender.
- Pour filling over crust and spread into an even layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, until solid. Top with fresh berries and coconut.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, then slice and enjoy.
Have you tried this recipe yet?
If you did, let us know in the comment below about your experience. Pictures would be great too!!
However, if you haven’t tried this yet, you are free to try it out now.
Raspberry Coconut Dark Chocolate Cups