Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was wonderful, we spent it with my family and ate so much food. I’m already looking forward to Christmas. But I know that some of you may be trying to eat a little bit healthier after the holiday season. This vegan winter lentil stew is perfect for that! It’s cozy, comforting, and perfect for cold weather. Plus, it’s really easy to make. Give it a try!
Yey, it’s the winter season, and it’s winter lentil stew time!
Winter lentil stew is a type of stew made with lentils and vegetables. It is typically made with a variety of winter vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, onions, and Rosemary. The stew can also be made with different types of vegan meat alternatives, such as tempeh, seitan, and tofu. Winter lentil stew is a hearty dish that is perfect for a cold winter day. It is also a healthy option, as it is low in calories and fat.
Plant-based ingredients: What’s in a stew?
This stew is made with healthy plant-based ingredients that are probably in your pantry. Best of all, this stew is soy-free and meat-free. Even non-vegan will love this. So in order to begin to make this stew, you will need the following;
1. Olive oil, yellow onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, lentils, green peas, celery, Rosemary, thyme, Dijon mustard, coconut aminos, raw sugar, and vegetable broth,
You can substitute the carrots and potatoes according to your liking. Since it’s winter season, I highly suggest using winter veggies.
If you already gathered the ingredients needed, below is the recipe card. This winter lentil stew pairs well with bread. So go ahead get the large pot and start simmering!
Try this cozy, comforting winter lentil stew!
Winter Lentil Stew
You will need:
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small yellow onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 cups carrots peeled and cubed
- 3 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 stalks celery
- 8 oz. brown lentils
- 1 tsp Rosemary dried
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp raw sugar $0.04
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth or rice broth
- 1 cup green peas frozen
Simmer the ingredients:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, peel, and dice the potatoes and carrots.
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic then add the carrots, and potatoes.
- Continue sautéing while adding the lentils, Rosemary, thyme, Dijon mustard, coconut aminos, raw sugar, and vegetable broth.
- Toss them to combine and let them simmer for 35 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Stir with frozen peas and season with kosher salt, adjust to taste if needed.
- Serve warm and pair with bread.
For More Holiday Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
Try This Stew Today!
Yum, it’s winter lentil stew season! This cozy and comforting dish is perfect for the colder months. Packed with plant-based ingredients, this winter lentil stew is sure to please vegans, vegetarians, and meat-eaters alike. So what are you waiting for? Try this winter lentil stew today!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes