Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Every autumn, my roommates and I get together to roast butternut squash for roasted butternut squash lasagna boat. It’s one of our favorite dishes, and we’re always looking for new ways to make it. This year, we decided to try out some pumpkin lasagna boats. They were a big hit!
We want something a little different, and that’s where this roasted butternut squash lasagna boat comes in. They’re the perfect mix of old and new, with all the deliciousness of traditional lasagna but in a fun, new package. Plus, they’re healthy and vegan-friendly! Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or something special to celebrate fall, these roasted butternut squash lasagna boats are sure to please. Also, this delicious vegan dish is perfect to add to your repertoire, you have to try this out!
Why is this butternut squash boat sure to please everyone?
1. It’s a Unique and Eye-Catching Display. This butternut squash boat is sure to please everyone because it’s a unique and eye-catching display. Whether you’re looking to add some fall flair to your home or office, or you’re looking for a fun and festive way to decorate for Halloween, this butternut squash boat is sure to do the trick.
2. It’s Easy to Make. Another reason why this butternut squash boat is sure to please everyone is that it’s easy to make. You don’t need any special skills or materials, and the entire project can be completed in just a few simple steps.
3. It’s Inexpensive. This butternut squash boat is also inexpensive, which is another plus. You can easily find all of the materials you need at your local craft store, and the total cost of the project should be under $20.
4. It’s Versatile. This butternut squash boat is also versatile, meaning it can be used in a variety of different ways. You can use it as a centerpiece for your dining room table, or you can place it on your front porch as part of your Halloween decorations. Additionally, if you’re looking for a unique gift idea, this pumpkin boat would make an excellent present for someone special in your life.
5. It’s Fun! Last but not least, this pumpkin boat is simply fun! It’s a great project to do with kids, and it’s sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
So set sail this Halloween with a pumpkin lasagna boat that is sure to please everyone.
Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna Boats
- 1 large butternut squash fresh
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 small carrots cut into cubes
- 1/2 sprig celery
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water hot; or use vegetable stock
- 1 sprig Rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz. vegan cheese any kind of cheese, grated
Roast the butternut squash:
- Wash, cut, and remove the seeds using a spoon. Bake for 20 minutes at 200°F.
Prepare the Bolognese:
- Over medium-high heat with heated oil, saute the onion, garlic, carrots, rosemary, and celery for at least 4-5 minutes then add the bay leaf.
- Then add the tomato paste and lentils, and cook for 40-45 minutes. Add vegetable stock or hot water if needed. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
Pour, bake, and serve!
- Over the roasted butternut squash, pour the prepared lentil bolognese and sprinkle with grated vegan cheese.
- Cover with the half of butternut squash and bake for another 35 minutes or until tender.
- Once baked, top with chopped parsley and enjoy the lentil bolognese.
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
- Pumpkin Risotto-Comforting Meal
- Roasted Butternut Squash Burger
- Smooth Coconut Lentil Curry
- Italian Lentil Soup, Mediterranean Cuisine
- Apple Butternut Squash Flatbread
To Wrap It All Up
There you have it – the perfect roasted butternut squash lasagna boat that is sure to please everyone. With a little bit of creativity and some basic plant-based ingredients, you can make this fun and festive vegan dish at your home. So get roasting and enjoy the autumn season!
Connect With Us
If you tried this roasted butternut squash lasagna boat, take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?