Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Indulge in the rich and aromatic flavors of Butternut Squash Curry, a delectable plant-based dish that will satisfy your cravings and nourish your body. This vegan curry combines tender butternut squash, fragrant spices, and creamy coconut milk, creating a harmonious blend of sweet and savory flavors. Whether you’re a vegan or simply seeking a delicious and healthy meal, this Butternut Squash Curry is a must-try. Prepare to be captivated by this mouthwatering curry that will leave you wanting more with every bite.
Butternut Squash Curry: Packed Full of Wonderful Flavors!
Discover the aromatic delight of Butternut Squash Curry, a flavorful and comforting plant-based dish. Made with tender butternut squash, aromatic spices, and creamy coconut milk, this vegan curry is a perfect balance of sweet and savory. Whether you’re a vegan or simply looking for a delicious and healthy meal, this Butternut Squash Curry will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Elevate your dinner tonight with this exquisite and nourishing curry recipe.
- Excellent source of vitamins A and C: Butternut squash is rich in antioxidants, particularly beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy skin, vision, and a strong immune system. It also supports bone health and plays a role in cell growth development.
- High in fiber: Butternut squash contains a good amount of dietary fiber, which aids digestion, promotes the gut, and helps maintain regular bowel movements. Fiber also supports heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and controlling blood sugar levels.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Curry powder typically contains spices like turmeric, coriander, and cumin, which have potent anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body and may help alleviate symptoms of chronic inflammation-related conditions like arthritis and certain digestive disorders.
- Antioxidant-rich: The spices in curry powder are packed with antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals in the body. Antioxidants contribute to overall health, support the immune system, and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease or cancer.
- Nutrient-dense: Kale is a nutrient powerhouse, packed with vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like calcium, and potassium. It also contains fiber and various antioxidants.in kale regularly can boost your intake of key nutrients, support healthy digestion, and contribute to overall well-being.
- High in antioxidants: Kale contains several antioxidants, including flavonoids and carotenoids, which help protect the body against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. antioxidants also have anti-inflammatory properties and may support heart health.
- Heart-healthy fats: Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of healthy fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, such as omega-6 fatty acids. These fats are beneficial for health, as they can help lower cholesterol levels and inflammation in the body.
- Nutrient-packed: Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium, selenium, and phosphorus. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from damage, while magnesium supports nerve and muscle function. Selenium is important for thyroid health, and phosphorus is essential for bone and teeth health.
Incorporating these ingredients into your diet can offer a range of health benefits, supporting overall well-being and contributing to a nutritious and balanced diet.
Butternut Squash Curry
If you want to try this Vegan Butternut Squash Curry recipe, share your photo and experience. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #butternutsquashcurry
Butternut Squash Curry
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 large butternut squash peeled, deseeded, and cut into large chunks
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 6½ oz kale roughly chopped
- 1 lime juice and zest
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 servings cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, coat the squash with 3 tbsp of oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange the squash in an even layer. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil, followed by the onion, then season with salt, and cook until lightly golden.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the curry powder and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, then add the kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and wilted. Remove from heat until squash finishes roasting.
- Add squash and lime juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Divide the cooked rice among bowls. Spoon the squash mixture over, then top with parsley and sunflower seeds.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made entirely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make an excellent addition to any vegan dish.
These are tasty, even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
Connect With Us
If you tried this Vegan Butternut Squash Curry recipe, take a picture or video, tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To ensure you don’t miss any recipes, subscribe to our email newsletter, which will be delivered to your inbox every week. In addition, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes, visit Best Baking Tips. They also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!