A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Thai-inspired: Butternut Squash Curry with Chickpeas
This oh-so-creamy Thai-inspired vegan butternut squash curry with chickpeas will truly comfort your weeknight family dinner or even your busy night. It is bursting with Thai red curry paste flavor. Luscious but healthful. It is loaded with butternut squash, bell peppers, and chickpeas with a kick of lime zest and lime juice. It pairs well with rice, pita, or any whole grain.
Sawadee Kha! 😁🤩
Bring Thailand vibes to your kitchen with this Thai-inspired butternut squash curry with a chickpeas recipe. The good thing about this recipe is that it is vegan and a perfect addition to your vegan diet meal plan. Additionally, it’s leftover-friendly.
In this recipe, there are several ways to quickly prepare this dinner. First and foremost, make sure to prep your butternut squash in advance! Butternut squash requires a lot of time to cut and dice. It is, by far, the most time-consuming step in producing this recipe. If you want to use freshly cooked beans, I also advise preparing your chickpeas in advance. Leafy greens are also present in this recipe. Fear not! use your preferred leafy greens such as zucchini, kale, broccoli, and many more!
However, every serving is incredibly warming and satisfying, just like our Smooth Coconut Lentil Curry, Curried Lentil Sweet Potato Bowl, Malaysian Curry; Masak Percik. This Thai-inspired butter squash curry will absolutely become your favorite meal for your vegan diet plan. Even meat eaters will love this oh-so-creamy butter squash curry. I think I will become addicted to Thai cuisine—and you too! In a one-pot, the chickpeas, butternut squash, and pepper are coated with red curry sauce which gives the spicy flavor that is perfect for cozy nights, busy nights, and weeknights.
Dairy-free, gluten-free, and everything is nice!
This butternut squash curry with chickpeas is dairy-free and gluten-free. It is the nicest quick and easy dinner recipe you’ll have! Everything went nice like:
1. Delicious and nutritious butternut squash!
- Butternut squash is not just appetizing. Important vitamins, fiber, and minerals can be found in butternut squash. It has a nutty and sugary flavor that goes perfectly with the flavorful chickpeas.
2. Flavorful curry sauce.
- Butternut curry is undoubtedly the main ingredient of this butternut squash. This curry sauce is incredibly wonderful and very aromatic. Coconut milk, red curry paste, lime, and vegan fish sauce are the ingredients of this butternut curry.
3. Chickpeas with a lot of pieces!
- Don’t skip chickpeas in this recipe. One canned chickpea is enough as the chicken and eggs best substitutes. Easy to cook and healthy, proteins can be found in chickpeas.
4. Easy but luscious.
- Easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes. Luscious it looks expensive but is made with a handful of plant-based ingredients. Even non-vegetarians will love this one-pot meal.
- Butternut Squash: If you want to save your time, you can purchase diced butternut squash at the market. While using whole butternut squash, just use 2 pounds only.
- Curry Paste: There are many variants of curry paste. Note that red curry paste is not as spicy as serrano peppers. You may use any brand based on your liking, but be sure you read the label and it’s completely vegan.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this recipe, there are two frequently asked questions. Below are the following:
1. Can I omit the coconut milk when making this curry?
- No, since it requires a high-fat, creamy substance to neutralize everything. If coconut is not your thing you can use homemade cashew cream. But it’s not recommended to use thin plant-based milk.
2. Is there an alternative for butternut squash?
- Yes, you may use sweet potatoes, kabocha squash, or Red Kuri squash.
If you have any questions about this butternut squash curry, feel free to leave a comment below, and the vegan globetrotter team will be happy to help!
A Recipe Hack: Butter Squash Curry!
In this section, you will find and discover helpful tips. To learn more, keep reading!
- Butternut squash curry with chickpeas tastes great when paired with jasmine rice, basmati rice, coconut rice, pita bread, and garlic bread.
- Those leftovers must be kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four to five days.
- Leftover curry can be placed into airtight freezer bags and frozen for up to two to three months. When about to serve, transfer it to a refrigerator for the whole day before reheating.
- Allow 9-10 minutes to cook over medium heat, or until completely warm. When the curry becomes thick, add a little coconut milk or warm water.
For More Dinner Recipe
Looking for more dinner recipes? You have come to the right place! We rounded a lot of dinner recipes for your lazy nights, busy nights, and family weeknights. They are satisfying vegan meals and a great addition to your vegetarian diet. The recipes below are ready not less than 40 minutes.
- Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner: Chock-full of nutritious plant-based ingredients and just 35 minutes to prepare.
- Creamy Garlic Mushrooms: It is an Italian-inspired garnish with parsley and drizzled with homemade Worcestershire sauce.
- Curried Lentil and Sweet Potato Bowl: An Indian-inspired bowl that is loaded with sweet potatoes alongside rice.
- Vegan Quesadilla Recipe; Simple Dinner or Fancy Fare: Ideal for dinner and a great meal for diabetics.
If you want to make them, don’t forget to share with us your thoughts and photos by tagging us on our social media pages.
Furthermore, this butternut squash curry with chickpeas is a chopped and roasted method. So give it a shot, and comment below what you think. 😉
Say yes to curry! 😋
Butternut Squash Curry with Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 small onion diced
- 2 small garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 4 cups butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2-3 tbsp red curry paste vegan: homemade,or purchase
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- lime zest and juice
- 14 oz chickpeas
- ⅓ cup basil leaves fresh, chopped
- Over medium-high heat, in a large skillet with olive oil, saute the garlic, onion, and red bell pepper for at least 4-5 minutes or till tender.
- Add the vegan curry paste and butternut squash. Toss to combine till everything is coated. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tamari, coconut milk, lime juice, and lime zest. Stir well and cook for 11-12 minutes or till completely cooked. Stir occasionally, if needed.
- In low-high heat, add the chickpeas and cook for 3-4 minutes. Mix the basil leaves and let them cook for one minute.
- Served right away with rice or any whole grains.
For More Vegan Recipes
The recipes below I’ve suggested are completely vegan and 100% made with plant-based ingredients. They are a great addition to your vegan meal.
- Vegan Mermaid Smoothie Bowl: A bowl that is 100% made of plant-based. Spirulina powder gives the ocean color with a nutrition bite.
- Chipotle Black Bean Burger: Adobo sauce and poblano peppers add a flavorful taste. Kid-friendly and gluten-free.
- Vegan Southwestern Pasta Salad: Filled with black beans topped with homemade vegan sweet lime dressing.
- Grandma’s Vegan Pineapple Cake: Moist and decadent yet vegan version.
- Air fryer Vegan Carrot Cake: Oil-free and gluten-free dessert that is made in an air-fryer.
To Wrap It All Up
Thai-inspired butternut squash curry with chickpeas is a great addition to your bucket dinner meal. It’s satisfying and comforting. Ready in just 20-minutes with easy steps to make it. In this recipe blog, I rounded a lot of helpful tips and healthful tips. In addition, this recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free even meat eaters will love this.
Connect With Us!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter that will be delivered to your inbox every week. 📧