Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Meatless Chipotle Black Bean Burger
Unlock your vegan burger cravings with this meatless chipotle black bean burger. It’s packed with nutritious plant-based ingredients. Adobo sauce and poblano peppers add a flavorful taste. It is a vegetarian option suitable for the entire family and is also kid-friendly. This best homemade vegan burger is all you need: ready in 24 minutes, easy to make, and gluten-free.
Hello burger lovers,
I’d want to share with you why I made this vegetarian burger and I just can’t wait! ?
So, here it goes…
My friends and I planned a pajama party at my house yesterday. I was overjoyed since I knew we would reunite after a while because we were both so busy with work. So I immediately thought of perfect snack foods that we could all enjoy during their visit. And I want to make them feel better by serving them a delicious and tasty burger.
In fact, I’d like to honor them for their hardship and side hustle since they deserve it, and they deserve this homemade vegetarian burger.
I got lucky! I discovered this chipotle black bean burger. It is homemade and ready in just 24 minutes. In addition, it is loaded with plant-based ingredients that are already in your pantry. Adobo sauce, poblano peppers, chipotle mayo, and black beans are the main ingredients. But don’t be afraid to make an experiment. You can just substitute those remaining ingredients for your preferred spices and veggie toppings.
VG Note: To make this gluten-free, choose gluten-free buns.
You can’t go wrong with this vegan burger as they really enjoy eating this delicious yet nutritious burger.
Why You’ll Enjoy This Chipotle Black Bean Burger
You will definitely enjoy this I swear! It is worth making because “Burgers are the best stress reliever.”
- Nutritious and better than a store-bought.
- Rich in flavor and a smoky burger.
- Even meat-eaters will definitely eat this even the choosy eaters.
- It is versatile and can be topped with your favorite veggies.
- Left-over patties can be stored in the freezer. So when the burger craving hits you, just reheat them.
Amazing Black Bean Burgers
For your information, black bean burgers are good for your health and a great option for a processed veggie burger on the market. It’s high in fiber, low in fat, and high in protein, as well as a good source of potassium, magnesium nutrients, and folate that some Americans don’t get enough of.
Here in Vegan Globetrotter, you will learn more tips, suggestions, health facts, and most especially vegan recipes that you will want to make at home over and over again.
Make Your Burger Yummier!
This burger features Chipotle mayo. However, if you want to make them more delicious and tasty, use these extra toppings. Here are my recommendations:
- Tomato Jam or Tomato
- Basil Pesto
- Red onion or fried onions.
In addition to this recipe blog post, the chipotle black bean burger is a versatile vegan burger. Make this yummy and look expensive.
Vegan Globetrotter Tips
This is a must-know tip! It will help you to make a perfect vegan burger meal. If you have any questions, let me know and comment below.
- Burger Buns: I suggest potato buns or sesame seed buns. If you want to add juicy toppings like tomatoes, pesto, or pickles used potato buns can absorb the moisture but are not gluten-free (depending on the label) while the Sesame seed buns work well too in this recipe they can carry a large patty, gluten-free, and are easy to find in the market.
- Black Beans: I prefer to cook these on the stovetop instead of the grill. but if you want the grilling method, put the foil into the grill and drizzle with olive oil or a non-stick oil. Please note that, if moisture exists remove them using a paper towel.
- Make-ahead: The great thing about this burger is can be made up to 3-4 days in advance and keep them in a sealed container.
- Firm Burgers: To avoid the mushy texture, cook the black bean burgers before chilling.
Keep reading and you will learn more about this chipotle black bean burger!
Store Them Correctly
Black bean patties can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days, even if uncooked or cooked. Keep the patties in a single layer in a safe sealed container. Place them in a freezer container or zip-lock pouch for prolonged storage.
My friends kept asking me how to make this chipotle black bean burger. That’s why I will share with you this healthy vegan burger. Below is the list of ingredients and instructions.
Make happy moments with your friends and family by making this homemade chipotle black bean burger! ??
Happiness Between 5 Buns!
Chipotle Black Bean Burger
For The Burger:
- 5 buns gluten-free
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 long-neck scallion chopped
- 2 small yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- pinch kosher salt to taste
- pinch black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oats quick-cooking
- 2-3 tbsp mayo chipotle
For Chipotle Mayo:
- 4 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 small chipotle pepper finely chopped
- 2 tsp adobo sauce for extra spice
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
Yum! Chipotle Black Bean Burger:
- In a skillet with avocado oil, cook the scallion, black beans, and poblano pepper for 4-5 minutes.
- Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and kosher salt, cooked for at least 1-2 minutes. Once cooked, set them aside.
- Pulse the oats and chipotle mayo into the black beans mixture 5 times or till completely combined. But don't over-blend.
- Scoop the mixture and make a shape into 5 equal patties or flatten them using your palm on your desired thickness.
- Over medium heat adds oil and cook the prepared patties for 3-4 minutes or till crisp.
- On gluten-free buns place the patties and jazz up chipotle mayo, and topped with the burger topping you desired.
For More Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burger: This crowd-pleasing recipe is perfect for summer and the 4th of July. Filled with summer herbs and drizzled with tarragon-based sauce.
- Malaysian Begedil, the Double Fried Patty: A famous Malaysian side dish that is made of potato.
- Grilled Peach Basil and Vegan Goat Cheese Pizza: A gooey awesome goat chees pizza that you will love.
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie: Made with six ingredients and ready for 10 minutes.
- Grandma’s Vegan Pineapple Cake: A moist and decadent piece of cake that is good for health and booster too.
To Wrap It All Up
Chipotle black bean burger is a must-try! A perfect treat for a vegetarian diet even to all meat-eaters. They are easy to make and a versatile vegan burger: that can be topped with your favorite veggies, and you can make this a gluten-free burger.
Connect With Us!