A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Vegan Southwestern Pasta Salad with Sweet Lime Salad Dressing
(Gluten-Free and Plant-Based)
Do you have any pasta in your pantry? Or are you considering another pasta-based recipe that are vegan or gluten-free and made with plant-based ingredients? If so, I’ve prepared this vegan southwestern pasta salad for you! You will love this summer salad as your side dish and main dish. In addition, this vegan southwestern pasta salad is great addition for barbecue and potluck recipes. This vegan southwest pasta salad is bursting with flavor from the Southwest. A sweet lime salad dressing is poured over corn, green onion, tomatoes, black beans, bell pepper, and cilantro. These flavors make me want to be in the summer!
One of the best parts about this southwest pasta salad is that it can be modified to your liking. You can use whatever vegetables you have on your pantry, or just the ones you enjoy. This vegan Southwestern pasta salad will really be served more frequently now. It’s just so easy and delicious!
Vegan Globetrotter Tips
- You can use gluten-free or vegan pasta you want. It’s also good with fusilli.
- If you don’t like cilantro, you can replace it with parsley or leave it out entirely.
- If you don’t want to use cilantro, add one or two more green onions.
- Allowing the salad to remain in the fridge for a few hours improves the flavor.
This southwest pasta salad is ideal for making ahead because the flavors intensify as it sits in the fridge. It will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if kept covered.
Use your favorite salad dressing to dress up this vegan southwestern pasta salad. However, for a better flavor, I recommend Sweet Lime Salad Dressing. This dressing is simple to make for only five minutes and uses fresh lime juice or zest with 5 plant-based ingredients.
Check out the link of the recipe to get extra information and tips along with the recipe card.
More Salad Dressing Recipe
- Vegan Green Olive Salad Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Green Goddess Dip (or Dressing)
For more delectable and adaptable salad dressing recipes check out: Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes.
For More Salad Recipe
- Italian Amatriciana, Italian Pasta
- Italian Pasta with Chickpeas
- Pasta Carbonara-Italian Comfort Food
This dressing is a must-try that will quickly become your favorite salad for the summer. Ready to get started? As always, below I’ve prepared the recipe card for you!
Vegan Southwestern Pasta Salad You’ll Love
Vegan Southwestern Pasta Salad
- 12-13 oz farfalle pasta or gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup black beans canned
- 1-2 cups corn
- 2-3 cups cherry tomatoes sliced into halves
- 1 medium orange bell pepper sliced into stripes
- 1 medium avocado sliced into medium-sized chunks
- 3 small green onions cut into circle
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped (optional)
- Cook the pasta as per the package directions. Remove them from the pan once they've fully cooked and pour the water out.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients then add your favorite salad dressing. Allow the salad to refrigerator for a few hours. (See note)
- I recommend Sweet Lime Dressing for this Vegan Southwestern Pasta Salad.