Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Do you have mandarin oranges that are just in stock or have they not yet been harvested from your backyard or garden? If yes, this mandarin vinaigrette is waiting for you to make them. This easy mandarin orange vinaigrette is extremely zesty since it’s made with mandarin orange juice, which goes great with a spinach salad. If you want your greens to be wilted, serve the dressing at room temperature or warm.
Mandarin oranges are high in vitamin C, an antioxidant that is supposed to stimulate the immune system and prevent cancer, this vinaigrette has a lot of health benefits. Vitamin A is abundant in the berry, as are magnesium, vitamin B-6, and calcium in modest amounts. While commercial salad dressings often contain high amounts of fat, sugar, or sodium figuring out how to make your own is a valuable skill. You can decide what goes into your recipe by preparing it from scratch.
Vegan Globetrotter Tips
- This vinaigrette can also be served at room temperature or warmed over salad greens for a minute or two in a skillet. If you heat it in the microwave, you potentially lose all of the health advantages of this healthy dressing.
- If your mandarin orange vinaigrette turned out nicely, you might want to experiment with another citrus- or orange-based dressings. Many of them have the same ingredients, like a citrus-balsamic vinaigrette or a honey-lime dressing.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
Do you want to harvest or use the oranges you have on hand? Come on, let’s make your green salad more interesting by following the simple steps below!
Try Our Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette:
Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette
- 6 oz apple cider vinegar
- 6 oz orange juice mandarin
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 shallot minced
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup olive oil extra-virgin
- In a blender pulse the ingredients from apple cider vinegar to kosher salt.
- While pulsing, add gradually the olive oil to the mixture.
- Place in a glass jar and chill the vinaigrette for up to one week. Enjoy!
If you make this Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette share with us your experience and tag us on our social media page.