Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
If your idea of the perfect Hanukkah treat involves something savory and mouthwateringly delicious, look no further than vegan latkes! This traditional Jewish dish is incredibly easy to make and vegan-friendly too – you don’t have to worry about missing out on any holiday treats this year! Perfectly crispy on the outside and soft in the center, these potato pancakes are jam-packed full of flavor – they’re sure to be a hit at any family gathering. In this blog post, we’ll be sharing our favorite vegan latke recipe; by following it step by step you can whip up an amazing plate of latkes that everyone will love. So if you’re ready to get creative with your cooking skills, keep reading for all our top tips!
Vegan Latkes Recipe: The perfect Hanukkah dish!
Vegan Latkes make a mouthwatering addition to any holiday meal. Perfectly crispy on the outside and light and fluffy inside, they are sure to please everyone at the table. Making your own vegan latkes is easy; all you need are potatoes, onions, rice flour, and aquafaba. Of course, you can mix it up with other ingredients like carrots, beets, or parsnips for something a little different! If you want the traditional potato flavor without the hassle of grating them by hand, try using pre-shredded latke hash browns as a shortcut – they work fine, However, if you decide to make them fresh, vegan latkes will be a delightfully tasty hit in any kitchen.
To get the most out of your vegan latkes, it’s best to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When reheating, place the latkes on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes. This will help ensure that the latkes stay crispy on the outside, while also keeping their delicious potato flavor. Enjoy hot or cold — either way, these vegan latkes are sure to satisfy!
Vegan Latkes Recipe
If you want to try this Vegan Latkes Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #veganlatkes
Vegan Latkes Recipe
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 pound potatoes shredded and squeezed
- ½ cup onion shredded and squeezed
- ⅓ cup aquafaba or liquid from a can of chickpeas
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- oil for frying
- In a large bowl, add the squeezed potatoes and onion, followed by aquafaba, flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Mix by hand to fully combine all the ingredients.
- Prep a cooling rack or plate with paper towels beside the stove.
- Heat about 1 cup of oil (about ¼ depth) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Test the oil by adding a bit of the latke mixture, it should sizzle right away.
- In batches, using a ¼ cup measuring cup or an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto a spatula, and flatten and form them into discs with your fingers.
- Carefully slide the latke into the pan of hot oil, and cook until nicely browned and crispy for about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the second side is also nicely browned and crispy.
- Allow excess oil to drip off into the pan, place cooked latkes onto a wire cooling rack, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with a sprinkle of salt, apple sauce, and/or vegan sour cream.
- Enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
We hope you understand how easy it is to make vegan latkes now! Even if you’re not vegan, this recipe is worth trying as it’s healthy and incredibly tasty too. Plus, you can experiment with different types of potatoes and spices to create your own unique flavors. You can even switch up the ingredients depending on what vegetables are in season. With this recipe, you have endless possibilities! We’d love to hear from you! Have any questions about the vegan latke recipe or want to share some of your tips for making them? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!