A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
It’s that time of year again when the leaves start changing colors, the days get shorter and colder, and pumpkin spice everything starts to pop up in stores. For vegans and vegetarians, this can also be a tough time of year. While there are many Thanksgiving dishes that can easily be made vegan or vegetarian, most Christmas cookies are not so forgiving. That is why I decided to share my recipe for apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies. These oatmeal cookies are vegan and taste just like your favorite warm apple pie fresh from grandma’s oven. So if you’re looking for a delicious, festive cookie that everyone can enjoy, then this is the recipe for you!
Why do these oatmeal cookies make your mouth water?
Craving something sweet? Why not try making some delicious vegan apple cinnamon cookies? These cookies are not only vegan, but they’re also gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and made with healthy ingredients. Still not convinced? Here are five reasons why these cookies will make your mouth water.
1. They’re made with real apples.
2. The perfect balance of sweet and savory.
3. They have a lovely soft texture.
4. Deliciousness in every bite.
5. You won’t be able to eat just one!
If you’re looking for a delicious vegan dessert that will tantalize your taste buds, look no further than apple cinnamon cookies! Made with real apples and the perfect balance of sweet and savory spices, these cookies are sure to leave you wanting more. Head to the kitchen now and get baking these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies!
Plant-based ingredients you will need
Apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are the perfect Fall treat – and they’re surprisingly easy to make! All you need is a few simple plant-based ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Dry ingredients: All-purpose flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, old-fashioned oats, sugar, and kosher salt. To make this gluten-free look for certified gluten-free oats and flour.
2. Wet ingredients: Flax egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and lemon juice.
3. Grated apples: You can use Granny Smith apples for their tartness or Honeycrisp.
4. Icing: Confectioners’ sugar, maple syrup, and almond milk.
To make the cookies, simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until everything is well combined. Then, drop heaping spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with icing and Enjoy!
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead to your kitchen and preheat your oven. If you try this don’t forget to share your thought or if you have any questions about this recipe feel free to comment below.
Looking for more vegan cookies that are made at home? If so, try these Air fryer Oatmeal Tahini Cookies, Caramel Apple Cookies Recipe, and White Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes. They are perfect for all occasions and a great addition to your vegan diet.
You should know these suggestions and tips!
These vegan apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are perfect for a Fall treat! They are packed with delicious flavors and make for a great on-the-go snack. Here are some ideas for how to best enjoy them.
- Pair them with nondairy milk or ice cream.
- For an extra special touch, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
To keep these cookies fresh and moist, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Be sure to line the bottom of the container with parchment paper so the cookies do not stick. If you live in a humid climate, you may want to store the container in the refrigerator.
For a more intense apple flavor, try grating 1 cup of apples instead of chopping them into small pieces. You can also experiment with different types of applesauce – just be sure to use a vegan variety. Finally, if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, feel free to omit it from the recipe altogether. The cookies will still be delicious!
These vegan apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are the perfect Fall snack! Packed with flavor and easy to make, they’ll be your new go-to cookie recipe. Be sure to experiment with different serving suggestions, storing tips, and recipe variations to find your favorite way to enjoy them.
FAQs for apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies
One of the most popular flavors of cookies is apple cinnamon. This delicious combination can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, but one of the most popular is in oatmeal form. Oatmeal cookies are a classic treat that is known for their soft and chewy texture. These cookies are packed with flavor, and the addition of apples and cinnamon makes them even more special.
If you’re thinking about making apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies, here are a few frequently asked questions that may help you get started:
What kind of apples should I use?
You can use any type of apples you like in these cookies. However, firmer apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp will hold their shape better during baking. Softer apples such as Macintosh or Golden Delicious will produce a softer cookie.
Should I peel the apples?
It’s up to you! If you prefer a softer cookie, you can leave the peel on the apples. If you want a bit more texture in your cookie, you can peel the apples before adding them to the dough.
Can I make these cookies without using butter?
Yes! If you want to make a healthier version of these cookies, you can substitute the butter for coconut oil. The cookies will still be delicious!
We hope you enjoy making these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies as much as we do! Let us know how they turn out by leaving a comment below.
So, if you are looking for on-the go-snack look no further than these apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies. Make these in the comfort of your home and share them with your family, especially with the kids. Below is the easy-to-follow recipe card pin it and save it!
Your on-the-go snack!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
For the batter:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter unsalted, softened
- 8 oz. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp flax egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup apple finely chopped, Granny smith
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
For the icing:
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tbsp almond milk
Make healthy cookies at your home!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, old-fashioned oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set them aside.
- Cream the vegan butter, and the sugar until well combined using a hand mixer; stir them in a flax egg and vanilla extract.
- Toss the apples with lemon juice then add the flour mixture and flax egg mixture in a separate bowl. Mix them well.
- Using a cookie scoop, heap out about two tbsp and drop it onto prepared baking sheets and flatten them, just like the picture. Repeat it with the remaining mixtures.
- Baked them for 15 minutes or until golden brown in a preheated oven. Allow them to cool completely before serving.
- Meanwhile, make the icing in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, confectioners' sugar, and almond milk until the sugar dissolve.
- Over the baked apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies, drizzle with icing, and enjoy!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
To Wrap It All Up
After reading this blog post, you should be eager to try out these delicious apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies for yourself! Part of what makes them so mouth-watering is the combination of healthy plant-based ingredients. Now that you know what ingredients you need and have some suggestions and tips, it will be easy to make these scrumptious cookies. If you have any questions after reading this blog post, be sure to check out the FAQs section.
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. 📩 In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes.