Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Do you love barbecues, but not the traditional meats? We’ve got just the thing for you! Whether you’re vegan or just looking to try something new at your next barbecue, these Barbecue Tofu Veggie Skewers are sure to impress. Filled with flavorful marinated tofu and a variety of colorful vegetables, this dish is easy to make and even easier to enjoy! Keep reading for all of the delicious details about how to prepare this simple yet mouth-watering meal.
If you’re a vegan and you’ve never tried barbecue tofu veggie skewers, you’re missing out on one of the most delicious meals out there. Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re also a great source of protein and nutrients. Plus, they’re super easy to make! All you need is some firm tofu, your favorite veggies (we recommend colorful bell peppers, red onions, and zucchini), and your favorite barbecue sauce. Chop everything up, skewer it, brush on the sauce, and throw it on the grill (or in the oven if you don’t have a grill). In just a few minutes, you’ll have a tasty and healthy meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
Are you ready to take your barbecue game to the next level? Then try out these ingredient variations for mouth-watering barbecue tofu veggie skewers!
Our original recipe features marinated firm tofu, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and rosemary, but here are some creative twists to spice things up:
1. Swap out the zucchini for eggplant – This hearty vegetable pairs perfectly with the smoky flavor of the barbecue and adds a meaty texture to the skewers.
2. Add some sweetness with pineapple chunks – Grill these juicy bites with your veggies for a tropical twist that will transport you straight to paradise.
3. Spice it up with jalapeños – If you like your food with a kick, slice up some fresh jalapeños and add them to your skewers. You can also mix them into the marinade for an extra burst of flavor.
4. Get colorful with rainbow carrots – These vibrant veggies come in a range of hues from orange to purple and add a pop of color to your skewers. Plus, they’re packed with nutrients like vitamin A and fiber.
5. Mix up your marinade with balsamic vinegar – This tangy, sweet ingredient adds depth to your tofu and veggies and pairs well with grilled flavors.
Try these ingredient variations and impress your friends and family with a delicious and healthy barbecue feast. Happy grilling!
Barbecue Tofu Veggie Skewers
If you want to try this Vegan Barbecue Tofu Veggie Skewers recipe, share your photo and experience. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #barbequetofuveggieskewers
Barbecue Tofu Veggie Skewers
If you’re looking for an easy, creative way to get your daily boost of vegetables, then look no further than these delicious Barbecue Tofu Veggie Skewers. These savory skewers are the perfect balance of protein and veggies wrapped up in a tasty barbecue glaze that will make your tastebuds sing!
Let’s gather the ingredients!
- 1 14-ounce extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (divided)
- ½ tsp black pepper (divided)
- 2 small zucchini (sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 bell peppers (diced 1 inch)
- 1/4¼ cup barbecue sauce (vegan)
- 2 sprigs Rosemary (fresh)
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat.
- Pat the tofu dry with a towel. Wrap it with a dry towel and place a cast iron pan or cutting board on top to press out more of the liquid. Let stand for 15 minutes. Then cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp olive oil, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add the tofu to the spiced oil, stirring it around, so the tofu is coated in the mixture.
- In another bowl, toss the vegetables with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Thread the tofu, vegetables, and fresh rosemary on the skewers.
- Grill the skewers until the tofu and veggies are charred at the edges and have grill marks, about 2 minutes per side. In the last few minutes of grilling, brush with vegan barbecue sauce.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made entirely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make an excellent addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty, even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
There you have it, folks! A delicious and healthy twist on an outdoor barbecue classic. This dish is incredibly nutritious, and its tasty marinade will have you coming back for more. Plus, with prep and cook time down to about 45 minutes or less, there’s no reason not to try it out next time you’re firing up the BBQ. So give it a try this summer—you won’t be disappointed! And when you do, don’t forget to let us know what you think! Happy grilling!
Connect With Us
I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week.
In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!