Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Indulge in the creamy and comforting flavors of our Butternut Squash Risotto recipe. This elegant and satisfying dish combines the velvety smoothness of butternut squash with the rich and delicate flavors of Arborio rice, creating a culinary masterpiece that will leave you craving for more. With its vibrant orange hue and luxurious texture, this risotto is not only a feast for the eyes but also a treat for the taste buds. Each mouthful is infused with a perfect balance of savory and sweet notes, thanks to the addition of aromatic herbs and spices. Whether you’re a seasoned risotto lover or looking to impress your dinner guests, this Butternut Squash Risotto is the perfect choice. So, get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you feeling satisfied and eager for seconds. Get ready to fall in love with our Butternut Squash Risotto!
Butternut Squash Risotto: A Bowl of Creamy Comfort!
When it comes to serving our Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto, there are plenty of ways to enhance its already delightful flavors. Here are some serving suggestions to elevate your dining experience:
Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley or sage on top of the risotto just before serving. The herbs add a burst of freshness and a touch of earthiness that complements the creamy butternut squash.
Roast some seasonal vegetables like Brussels sprouts, carrots, or mushrooms and serve them alongside the risotto. The caramelized flavors and tender textures of the roasted veggies create a wonderful contrast to the creamy risotto.
Toasted Pine Nuts
Add a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts to your plate of risotto. The nuttiness of the pine nuts adds a delightful crunch and enhances the overall flavor profile of the dish.
Balsamic Glaze Drizzle
For a touch of sweetness and acidity, drizzle some balsamic glaze over the risotto. The glaze adds a beautiful tang to the dish, balancing out the creaminess of the butternut squash.
Serve the risotto alongside some sautéed greens, such as spinach or Swiss chard. The vibrant greens provide a fresh and nutritious element to the meal, creating a well-rounded plate.
Accompany the risotto with some crusty bread for a satisfying and hearty meal. Use the bread to soak up the creamy sauce and enjoy the contrasting textures.
Remember, these serving suggestions are just a starting point. Feel free to get creative and add your own personal touch to the dish. Whether you choose to pair it with roasted vegetables, fresh herbs, or a combination of flavors, our Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto is sure to impress and satisfy. Enjoy!
Butternut Squash Risotto
If you want to try this Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto recipe, share your photo and experience. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #butternutsquashrisotto
Butternut Squash Risotto
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 5 cups butternut squash cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tsp sage fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme fresh, finely chopped
- ¾ cup vegan parmesan cheese shredded
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the cut and cubed squash.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for 20-30 minutes until tender and lightly browned. While the squash bakes, make the risotto on the stovetop.
- Heat the vegetable broth in a large pot over medium-low heat until warm, but not boiling. This is for adding to the risotto, and it needs to be warm.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter and let it melt.
- Add the shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in the rice and stir to coat with the butter, sautéing for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Stir in the fresh herbs.
- Add 1/2 cup of the warm broth, and stir until absorbed. Continue adding 1/2 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently until absorbed each time, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is al dente about 20-30 minutes.
- The heat should be high enough that the rice/broth is bubbling soon after you add it, but not boiling too much or the liquid will absorb too quickly.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed, remove from the heat and stir in the grated vegan parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, place in bowls and add a good serving of roasted squash, as well as a sprinkle of vegan parmesan, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made entirely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make an excellent addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty, even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
Connect With Us
If you tried this Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto recipe, take a picture or video, tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To ensure you don’t miss any recipes, subscribe to our email newsletter, which will be delivered to your inbox every week. In addition, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes, visit Best Baking Tips. They also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!