A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
A Perfect Vegan Meat Substitute: Jackfruit Burger
Fill your happiness between 5 buns with these spicy and smoky jackfruit patties and topped with your favorite veggies. This is the perfect plant-based meat substitute: they are meaty but meatless recipes. A vegan meal that even meat-eaters will enjoy. Canned or fresh jackfruit is all you need. One great thing about this recipe is that it can be formed into or pulled into patties.
Are you trying to find a meatless burger substitute that will still have the same meaty texture? Problem-solved! You have come to the right place!
Meaty meatless jackfruit burgers are all you need!
These meaty meatless jackfruit burgers are heaven between your buns. Filled them with fresh herbs, your preferred sauce, or dressing, and vegan cheese. Uhm… so yummy! A bite that you can’t resist! Because the smoky flavor will take you to a barbeque era, sure to make this over and over again. Vegan burgers are a luxury to all following their plant-based diet that is why they are packed with nutrients and no cholesterol at all.
Jackfruit The Lifesaver!
For this reason, jackfruit is mentioned as the best meat alternative. They have a texture similar to meat and are good for vegetarians who simply trying to reduce their use of animal products. Jackfruits are versatile because they can be used also in tacos, pita, and sandwiches.
If you are purchasing canned jackfruit, ensure that you drain and rinse them well to have a balanced flavor and have greater control over the cooking process. Allow the jackfruit on the burner enough time to become tender; this should take 36 to 40 minutes.
Jackfruit Burger Ingredients Tips
It is important to have all the ingredients on hand before making this, but it is as important to understand how you can play along with all the ingredients you need to use. Below are the tips:
- Jackfruit: You can use store-bought canned or fresh from the farm.
- Flour: To make this gluten-free you may try almond flour, oat flour, etc.
- Onion: Any onion will work in this recipe.
- Liquid Smoke: Use your preferred!
- Garlic: It can add more flavor to the patties.
- Hot Sauce: Any spicy will do but make sure it is vegan. If you don’t want spicy you can omit them.
- Paprika: For earthiness feels.
- Olive oil: For the texture.
- Onion Powder: Add more taste.
- Kosher Salt and Pepper: Season them correctly.
Use a blender or food processor to whip all the ingredients. To achieve the ideal meaty texture, thoroughly combine them, and use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
When shaping the patties, make sure they are completely cool. Use your wet hands to form a shape or use a spoon to flatten them.
Left Over Tips:
This recipe calls for 5 patties, if you have any leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator for up to one to two weeks and can be frozen for up to 3 to 4 months in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
If you believed that vegetarian burgers are bland and mushy then try these jackfruit patties; we guarantee that you’ll change your mind. Now prepare to devour the finest vegan burger you’ve ever had.
Heaven Between 5 Buns!
Meaty Meatless Jackfruit Burgers
For The Jackfruit Burger:
- 1 can jackfruit green, fresh or can
- 2 small yellow onion
- 4 tbsp all-purpose
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1-2 tsp liquid smoke
- hot sauce vegan, preferred taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- black pepper ground, to taste
- kosher salt to taste
Yummy Jackfruit Burger:
- In high heat, add 9-10 cups of water then boil the drained and rinsed jackfruit for at least 36-40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Form the mixture into patties and line with prepared parchment paper.
- Bake the patties for 18-20 minutes or till they are completely baked.
- Serve them with your favorite veggie burger toppings and sauce.
For More Vegan Recipes
Below are the vegan recipes you will want to make it again and again. No need to substitute the ingredients just enjoy the results.
- Veggie Burger: Made with simple plant-based ingredients and ready in just 45 minutes.
- Vegetarian BBQ Burger Sliders: A great addition to your meal with BBq sauce and coleslaw.
- Tofu Ranch Salad Dressing: Flavorful with fresh parsley and ready to serve in 10 minutes.
- Kale Smoothie: This smoothie gives you a boost of Vitamin C
- Malaysian Begedil, the Double Fried Patty: A popular Malaysian side dish made with deep-fried potato.
To Wrap It All Up
These meaty meatless jackfruit burgers are one of the finest plant-based meat substitutes. They are best for a plant-based diet and even a non-vegetarian. These are ready in just 1 hour and 10 minutes and stuffed with your favorite vegetables.
Connect With Us