Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Learn How To Make Herbed Falafel Recipe: The Best Meat Alternative
Learn to make this homemade herbed falafel recipe. They are bursting with flavor and herbs such as fresh cilantro, parsley, red onion, lemon, and chickpeas. It is the best alternative to meat: it is meaty but vegan; it is best when served with tahini sauce. They are fantastic as burger patties, salad toppings, or in a pita wrap. There are two ways to make these: make them falafel balls or like a burger patty.
Are you looking for the best plant-based meat alternative? Or are you on a plant-based diet? If so, this homemade herbed falafel recipe is what you are looking for! This recipe is an excellent vegan meal source for your diet. Chickpeas, all-purpose flour, baking powder, fresh cilantro, parsley, and seasonings are present in this falafel recipe.
They are crispy on the outside and yet healthy on the inside. If you want it healthier, air-fry each of the prepared herbed falafel, and it becomes a fulfilling and healthy meal when you add fresh vegetables to a prepared vegan burger, pita, salad, or sandwich, and serve it alongside rice.
For More Burger Recipes
You can substitute this herbed falafel with these burger patties:
- Vegetarian BBQ Sliders: A vegan grilled burger you will love!
- Vegan Veggie Burger: Topped with simple plant-based ingredients or as to your liking.
- Chipotle Black Bean: Easy to make a gluten-free recipe. Poblano and adobo sauce add more flavor.
- Vegan Portobello Mushroom: A perfect treat for every 4th of July or even on a regular day.
But… What Is Falafel? Are they Healthy?
Most of us are curious about what falafel is and what they are. Falafel is a middle-eastern recipe that is made with chickpeas and usually with fava beans. Expect the expectations. Yes, they are healthy because the present ingredients in this falafel are completely plant-based. They are good for vegetarians and even meat-eaters will enjoy this falafel recipe. make them round or flatten like a burger patty.
How Do They Make It Even Healthier?
To make these even more healthy, make them earthy and green, just add more parsley, cilantro, or other fresh herbs. Make these oil-free by frying them in an air-fryer. If you do not own an air fryer, read this: Review: Benefits of the Ninja Air Fryer AF 101, and if you’ve decided to purchase it, here’s the Guide to Using the Air Fryer. I hope this will help you.
Tahini The AwesomeSauce
In addition, the homemade herbed falafel recipe calls for tahini sauce. They are best served when they are topped with this sauce.
What You’ll Need:
- 9 tbsp of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon, squeezed.
What You’ll Will Do:
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. If necessary, add water to achieve the desired mixture.
- Top them in a fry herbed falafel.
Pro Tips: To make this tahini sauce as delicious as mine, you may also try Tahini Green Goddess. It is also a herbaceous recipe they are gluten-free, nut-free, and ready in just 10 minutes
Related Vegan Recipe: If you want more vegan recipes that are made of tahini, try this: Air fryer Oatmeal Tahini Cookies.
In this recipe blog post, you will learn how to make this herbaceous falafel. Below is the easiest guide. Enjoy making this versatile, vegan, and healthy best meat alternative. They are ready in just 30 minutes, all you need is a food processor and skillet. ??
Learn How To Make Herbed Falafel Recipe
Homemade Falafel Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas 1drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion peeled and chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled
- ⅓ cup parsley fresh
- ⅓ cup cilantro fresh
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 small lemon 1 tbsp of juice and 1 tsp of zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper ground, to taste
- 4-5 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except vegetable oil. Mix them all.
- Collect 2-3 tbsp of the mixtures and form a patty by flattening using your palm or spoon.
- Heat the skillet with vegetable oil then cook the falafel patties till golden brown.
- Transfer them to a cooling rack or paper towel.
- If you don't want to cook them after forming the mixture, refrigerate them.
For More Vegan Recipes
Below are the vegan recipes you will want to make it again and again. No need to substitute the ingredients just enjoy the results.
- Vegan Fried Ravioli: It is flavored with basil, oregano, and garlic and it is made in an air fryer.
- Quinoa Summer Salad—Dairy-Free: Loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables with sweet lime dressing.
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie: This finest smoothie is made with plant-based six ingredients and ready in a minute.
- Thousand Island Dressing: A homemade dressing used as toppings or dipping.
- Chocolate Banana Nice Cream: The best alternative for classic ice cream made with 2 ingredients.
To Wrap It All Up
The homemade herbed falafel recipe is made with chickpeas and is entirely vegan. Falafel is the best meat alternative of all time. You can make them falafel balls or a flattened shape and topped with tahini sauce. They are more delicious as they are wrapped in a pita, burger, sandwich, and salad toppings. In the recipe card, you can make 16 falafels.
Connect With Us