Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Air-Fried Seitan Crunch Wrap
Air-fried seitan crunch wrap is one of the most popular things on the fast-food fourth meal menu. A huge tortilla is wrapped in a disc form over meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and a crisp tortilla in the original Crunchwrap Supreme. Grilled to a golden crisp – a delectable hand-held feast!
This vegan version of the Taco Bell favorite is the handmade Air-Fried Seitan Crunch Wrap. That tastes just as decadent as the meat-and-dairy version. This vegan lunch is well-rounded and kid-friendly, so you can feel so good about that as well.
HOW TO FOLD A CRUNCH WRAP
This is easier than we’d imagine – basically folding the edges in as you go around. In most cases, the ultimate product is a five-sided circle.
- While filling the tortilla, leave enough space on the edge to fold it fully closed.
- Secure the center where all the folds come together with a piece of grated cheese. This will help seal the tortilla tight while the crunch wrap cooks.
Swaps and Substitutions
- To maintain this meal gluten-free, try corn tostadas, and corn tortillas.
- Other types of protein you may use are tempeh, lentil taco meat, or black beans for vegan beef.
- Other elements that make a difference. If tostadas aren’t available, substitute corn tortilla chips for crunch.
When they’re fresh out of the air fryer, they’ll be at their crispiest. Leftover crunch wraps may be kept in the fridge for two days if wrapped in tin foil or a sealed container. They’re also reheatable.
This dish is impossible to resist! If I were you, I’d grab my air fryer and get started on cooking this delectable crunch wrap.
Try Our Air-Fried Seitan Crunch Wrap:
Air-Fried Vegan Crunch Wraps
- 5 flour tortillas burrito-sized
- 3 cups seitan or Field Roast sausage crumbled
- 4 oz cheese vegan
- 5 tostadas
- 8 tbsp sour cream vegan sour cream or silken tofu
- 8-9 cups lettuce shredded
- 2-3 tomatoes chopped
- Prepare the tortilla to add the vegan beef in the middle and spread it out.
- Top with vegan cheese, then put the tostada on top.
- Spread with sour cream the tostada, then top with tomato and lettuce.
- Fold the sides closely over the center.
- In an air fryer, fry the crunch wrap till golden brown, then turn and fry the other side for another minute.
- We like these with a side of sliced avocado and a dollop of salsa. Alternatively, serve with a corn salad or seasoned brown rice.
If you make this Air-Fry Seitan Crunch Wrap please leave a comment below and rate the recipe on the recipe card.
Also, please tag us in your photos on our social media pages. I like seeing your recreations!