Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
This autumn wild rice comfort soup will become your favorite cozy soup. Filled with autumn veggies including wild rice, which provides important nutrients like fiber and protein, and flavored with coconut milk or vegan cream sauce with the kick of Old Bay seasoning. They can be cooked in two ways: instant pot and slower cooker. This delicious and healthy meal can be enjoyed by everyone!
As autumn starts to creep in, the air gets a bit crisper and the leaves start to change colors. The mood starts to change as well, and many people start to crave warm and comforting soups. This autumn wild rice soup is perfect for those chilly days. It’s packed full of delicious flavors, and it’s so easy to make. You’ll love it!
This autumn wild rice comfort soup has two cooking methods: in an instant pot and in a slower cooker with the same process of combining the ingredients. Just simmer some vegetables and vegetables in broth until cooked through, then add the uncooked wild rice, portabella mushroom, and some herbs for flavor. Top it off with shredded vegan cheese if desired and serve it with some crusty bread for a delicious meal. Enjoy!
The best part is that it’s really easy to make, and you can customize it however you want. So if you’re looking for something warm and delicious to eat this fall, give this soup a try!
Plant-based ingredients tips and their substitution!
Before we make this autumn wild rice soup, let me discuss with you the tips and substitutions for this soup. Below are the helpful tips and the substitution will depend on you and your preference.
1. Wild rice: Use 100% wild rice rather than black ice and wild rice blend as your soup will become purple. Though you can use different rice, please note that cook them according to the package.
2. Vegetable broth: This served as the base of the autumn wild soup.
3. Old bay seasoning: It adds the great taste f you don’t have this seasoning substitute pumpkin spice Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or other herbs seasoning you preferred.
4. Autumn veggies: Add fresh kale, pumpkin, carrots, sweet potato, white onion, and portabella mushroom with a kick of garlic.
5. Coconut milk: It is the best balancer of this healthy soup adjust to taste if needed but you can use vegan creams that are made of milk and all-purpose flour.
6. Salt and pepper: Season to taste to have a perfect balance taste.
Let us make our comfort soup!
This autumn wild rice soup will become your favorite comfort soup during the fall season and even on regular days. As I mentioned above, this soup has two cooking methods. In this section, you will learn how to cook them in general.
1. Base soup: Over medium heat, add the vegetable broth and boil the autumn veggies and wild rice till the rice is completely tender.
2. Cream sauce (optional): In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the vegan butter and mix the all-purpose flour and plant-based milk. Mix well till completely thickened, then add them to a base soup mixture.
3. Kale and coconut milk: (If prefer to use this coconut milk omit the cream sauce.) Stir them in a base soup mixture for up to 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning.
4. Serve and Enjoy: It pairs well with bread and green salad. Feel free to add vegetable broth and season with Old Bay if needed and if the soup gets thickened.
- If you want to use vegan cream omit the coconut milk: and vice versa.
- Feel free to add meat substitution.
Looking for more vegan Fall recipes?
- Try our Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, and Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. They are completely plant-based and ideal for your vegan meal.
If you find this soup enjoyable share your thoughts with us! Have a happy autumn season ahead!
It’s soup season!
Autumn Wild Rice Soup
Cozy soup ingredients!
- 6-7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 8 oz. portabella mushrooms sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots fresh or frozen, diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 large sweet potato or pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion peeled and diced
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 2 large/handful kale chopped with thick stems removed
- 1 1/3 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 can coconut milk or cream sauce
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground
Now, have a cozy soup!
- Set the instant pot to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- In an instant-pot bowl, combine the vegetable broth, wild rice, mushroom, garlic, carrot, celery, sweet potato, onion, Bay leaf, kale, and season with Old Bay season, stir to combine, then cover.
- When the rice and vegetables are completely cooked, remove the Bay leaf then add the coconut milk or cream sauce. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. If desired, season with Old Bay seasoning.
- Serve with your favorite bread and enjoy!
- Set the slower cooker to high for up to 1-2 hours.
- In a slower cooker bowl, combine all the ingredients from vegetable broth to bay leaf and season with Old Bay seasoning. Stir to combine and cover.
- Once the rice and vegetables are cooked, remove the Bay leaf and add the coconut milk and kale. Stir them well. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. If needed, add extra vegetable broth and Old Bay seasoning.
- Serve with bread, too. If desired.
For More Vegan Recipes
The vegan recipes below I’ve suggested are completely vegan and 100% made with plant-based ingredients. They are also a great addition to your vegan meal. Even non-vegetarians will love these!
- Vegan Potato Soup Recipe; Comfort Food!: It is one of the comfort soups that can be with Yukon Gold and REd Potato.
- Grilled Peach Basil and Vegan Goat Cheese Pizza: This pizza is a perfect treat for everyone. They are delicious and healthy.
- Homemade Herbed Falafel Recipe: Bursting with flavor and herbs. It is the perfect meat substitution.
- Lemon Curd Recipe- Healthy and Delicious!: Flavorful of pudding and pie filling. Made with sugar and lemon but it is a healthy version.
- Hearty Chickpea Veggie Stew Recipe: They are loaded with veggies and chickpeas with vegetable broth.
To Wrap It All Up
Autumn is in full swing and that means comfort food season is here! This week we’re sharing our recipe for a delicious autumn wild rice soup. The great thing about this soup is that it can be tailored to your dietary needs – it’s vegan and gluten-free. We also have some tips on how to substitute plant-based ingredients in recipes. So whether you’re looking for ideas to help with your Meatless Monday meals or just want a tasty soup recipe, stay tuned! If you try out the recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to check back next week for another delicious plant-based dish.
Connect with Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?