Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Japanese Vegan Carrot-Ginger Dressing
Carrot-Ginger dressing has key ingredients such as ginger, onion, and carrot. They are distinctive in that they frequently use a puree of vegetables and other ingredients to create a fresh, tasty dressing. A soy sauce-based dressing and a tomato paste-based dressing are two popular bases for homemade Japanese salad dressing. Soy sauce-based salad dressings are lighter than tomato paste-based dressings because the latter thickens the dressing naturally and adds a depth of richness that soy sauce-based dressings lack.
Vegan Globetrotter Tips
- Food processors, blenders, or micro food processors are all necessary pieces of equipment.
- Three veggies are blended with soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, and oil in this dish. We suggest using mild-flavored oil like canola, vegetable, or coconut oil. With a pinch of salt and pepper, you can make a flavorful salad dressing.
- The raw onion puree adds a delightful spice to this salad dressing, which is balanced out by the flavors of ginger and carrots. Chilling it beforehand is recommended. This sauce can also be used to marinate meats.
More Salad Dressing Recipes To Try
- Sweet Lime
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Orange Mustard
- Vegan Ranch Dressing. You can do this to your liking Air fryer Vegan Carrot Cake
This dressing is a must-try! Make your meal special with this Japanese Carrot Dressing.
Try Our Carrot-Ginger Dressing:
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced and peeled
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 oz canola oil
- 2 oz rice vinegar
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp swerve optional
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients from carrot to kosher salt. Mix well till smooth.
- Season to taste with black pepper and swerve, if necessary.
- Refrigerate the dressing for 1-2 hrs before serving.
If you make this Carrot-Ginger Dressing share with us your experience and tag us on our social media page.