Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Fall is the perfect time to veganize all of your favorite comfort foods, and these Curried Carrots Fritters are the perfect example. Made with simple ingredients like shredded carrots, onion, and spices, they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Serve them as a side dish or appetizer, or enjoy them on their own as a tasty snack. The best thing about these carrot fritters, they are cooked in two methods: Air fryer and baked. Well, no matter how you eat them, these curried carrot fritters are sure to be a hit this fall season!
Air Fryer vs. Oven: Which is better for carrot fritters?
Carrot fritters are a delicious and easy way to add some extra veggies to your diet. And, they’re even more delicious when they’re curry-flavored! But, what’s the best way to cook them? Should your air fry them or bake them? Keep reading to find out and let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each method.
Air Fryer Pros:
- Fries food quickly and evenly with little to no oil required. This can make for a healthier meal.
- Air fryers can cook small meals for one or two people with little effort.
- Some air fryers have features like a built-in timer and temperature control, making them easier to use than a traditional oven.
Air Fryer Cons:
- Can be more expensive than a traditional oven.
- Takes up counter space in your kitchen.
- If you want to cook a large batch of food, you may need more than one air fryer.
- Inexpensive compared to an air fryer.
- No need to preheat as you do with an air fryer. Simply turn on the oven and start cooking!
- Cooks large batches of food at once. Perfect for feeding a crowd!
Some argue that baked goods taste better when cooked in an oven rather than in an air fryer. This could be due to the Maillard reaction, which is a type of chemical reaction that occurs when foods are exposed to high heat (like in an oven). This reaction can give baked goods a deeper flavor and darker color.
- Takes longer to cook food than an air fryer.
- Can dry out food if not cooked properly.
- Requires constant supervision so that food doesn’t overcook or burn.
- Not as energy efficient as an air fryer since it heats up an entire room instead of just the small space inside the appliance.
So, which is better? Air frying or baking? There is no clear winner; it all depends on your preferences and needs! If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal for one or two people, then an air fryer might be the way to go.
But if you’re feeding a crowd or want the option to bake goodies like cakes or bread, then an oven is probably your best bet. Whichever method you choose, we guarantee that your curried carrot fritters will be delicious!
Carrot fritters ingredients and how to make it!
Carrot fritters are delicious and easy-to-make appetizers or snacks that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The ingredients for this recipe are easy to find, and the fritters can be made in just a few minutes. All you need to make these are…
1. Flour: I suggest using measuring cups to achieve the desired thickness of the mixture and I used chickpea flour.
2. Carrots: You can use fresh or frozen but I used fresh and they should be grated.
3. Curry Paste: This gives a vibrant autumn color to this recipe.
4. Onion & garlic: the onions should also be grated same with carrots and for the garlic, I preferred they are finely chopped.
5. Water: Use to thicken the mixture I suggest using a measuring cup.
6. Cilantro: I used fresh cilantro and they are finely chopped. but if cilantro is not your thing alternatively use parsley, of course.
6. Spices: All you need to use spices are ground coriander, ginger, fennel, cumin, and chili flakes. If you don’t have ground cumin and fennel alternatively use seeds for this both spices.
A quick overview of how to make these healthy carrot fritters
Once you have the required ingredients you can now make the fritters. They are easy to make so you won’t need to stay longer in your kitchen. Please note that they have two ways to cook which are air fryer and baked. But I highly suggest trying to cook them in an Air fryer to make this oil-free recipe. So, to make the fritters below is a quick overview.
1. Start by grating the carrots and onions into small pieces.
2. Add the flour, curry paste, garlic, cilantro, spices, and water at a time. Mix everything together until it forms a thickened mixture.
3. Then scoop the mixture, and using your hands flatten them just like in the pictures.
4. Lastly, preheat the oven or air fryer to 375F and cook them until golden brown.
5. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
If you enjoy these curried carrot fritters, let me know your thoughts. And if you have any questions just comment below we were happy to help you.
Going addicted to carrots? Well, I got you! We have a few recipes that are made with carrots and that are also perfect for the fall season and on Thanksgiving day. You should try Carrot Spaghetti with Pesto, Air Fryer Carrot Chips, Vegan Carrot Cake Overnight Oats, and Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie.
Try them now and feature them on our social media pages by using #carrotsrecipes and #healthycarrotsrecipes. Fear not as we entertain you all.
Curried Carrot Fritters: Suggestions and Tips
Curried Carrot Fritters are a delicious plant-based meal that can be enjoyed by vegans and meat-eaters alike. Here are some serving suggestions, storing tips, and recipe tips to help you get the most out of your curried carrot fritters.
When it comes to serving, curried carrot fritters can be enjoyed as is or paired with a dipping sauce or chutney. They also make a great addition to any plant-based meal, whether it be served as a main course or a side dish. If you’re looking to add some extra protein to your meal, try serving your curried carrot fritters with a plant-based yogurt or chili.
Curried carrot fritters can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. When reheating, be sure to heat them evenly so that they don’t dry out. If you find that your fritters are starting to dry out, simply add a little water to the pan before reheating.
This recipe can easily be made gluten-free by swapping out the all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour. For a lower-carb option, try using cauliflower rice in place of the bread crumbs. And if you’re looking for an even healthier option, you can bake your fritters instead of frying them. Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Whether you’re plant-based or not, these curried carrot fritters are sure to please. So go ahead and give them a try! Below is the recipe card, and pin it or print it out and I’m sure you will make this again and again.
A must-try carrot fritters!
Curried Carrot Fritters
Basic ingredients for fritters:
- 2 medium onion
- 4 large carrots
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 4 oz. parsley chopped finely
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- ½ tsp fennel seeds or ground
- ½ tsp cumin seeds or ground
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 2 oz. water
Make these fritters now: Baked and Air fry
- Preheat the oven or air fryer to 375°F and line a parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, grate the onion and carrots then add all the remaining ingredients except the water. Mix them well until fully combined.
- Gently add the water one at a time. Mix them well until they absorb the water and until the batter thickens. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the carrot mixture then using your hand flatten the mixture just like in the picture; repeat with the remaining mixture.
- In a preheated air fryer, cook them for 15 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- If using an oven, bake them for 25 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
For More Vegan Fall Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
To Wrap It All Up
These curried carrot fritters are crispy on the outside and full of flavor on the inside. The perfect blend of spices makes these a must-try for anyone who loves curry. What’s even better is that they can be made in either an air fryer or oven, so you can choose whichever cooking method you prefer. Whether you’re looking for a delicious appetizer or side dish, these curried carrot fritters are sure to please. So go ahead and give them a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for vegan baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes.