Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Nothing says comfort food better than freshly-baked bread. And the best part is, you don’t have to be a master baker to make it! Today we’re making an easy and delicious vegan garlic rosemary skillet bread that comes together quickly with minimal fuss. This flavorful vegan bread not only makes your kitchen smell amazing while baking, but also presents as a beautiful centerpiece when served on the table. Bursting with garlicky and herbaceous flavors, this quick bread pairs perfectly with just about any meal, from soup and salad or lasagna for dinner to avocado toast for breakfast! Let’s get started.
For a flavorful and guilt-free bread, look no further than Vegan Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread! With only 10 ingredients, this delicious creation is incredibly easy to make. This tasty vegan treat is sure to become your next favorite snack.
The garlic and rosemary work in tandem to provide a mouthwatering aroma from the oven that can’t be matched. With a satisfying crunch of the crust covering a delightfully spongy inside, you won’t want to pass up on this garlic rosemary loaf! Enjoy the fresh flavors paired with your favorite soup or dip for an elevated eating experience. So why not start cooking today and try out this incredible Vegan Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread?
Friendly Tips on How to Perfect your Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread
The key to making this scrumptious dish is paying close attention to the details. From kneading and shaping the dough properly, to ensuring it’s cooked through in the skillet. Here are some tips for baking a perfect Vegan Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread:
Start by mixing together your yeast, warm water, and sugar. This will activate the yeast, so it can do its work of puffing up and helping your bread rise.
Once combined, add in your oil, flour, and salt, then begin kneading until you have a nice smooth ball of dough. You’ll want to knead the dough for at least 8-10 minutes or until the ingredients are evenly combined; this helps ensure your bread has just the right texture.
Next comes shaping, Lightly roll out your dough into a circle or oval shape before placing it in a greased skillet, then generously top with garlic oil and fresh rosemary. Make sure you press it out evenly, and let it rise for about 20-45 minutes covered.
Finally, baking. Start by ensuring your skillet is preheated for at least 10 minutes before making the dough; this will help ensure even cooking. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees before popping it into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. When done, remove the bread from the skillet immediately to avoid over cooking it. Enjoy your freshly baked vegan garlic rosemary skillet bread while it’s still warm!
Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread
If you want to try this Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #garlicrosemaryskilletbread
Garlic Rosemary Skillet Bread
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1 cup water lukewarm
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary fresh, chopped
- ½ tsp flaky salt
- In a large bowl, add lukewarm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir together with a wooden spoon, then set aside for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add olive oil, flour, and salt. Stir together until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, then knead for 10 minutes until smooth and bouncy. Add more flour as needed.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then transfer in a greased bowl. Coat the top of dough with a little oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes until doubled in size.
Let's form and bake!
- Coat a 10-inch iron skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Punch down the dough and press it into the bottom of the pan. Use a sharp knife to score the bread on top in a crisscross pattern.
- Brush the top of the dough with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Then sprinkle with garlic, rosemary, and flaky salt. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise for another 20 minutes.
- While waiting for the final proofing, Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bake the dough for 20-25 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Once done, remove the bread from the pan immediately, then transfer in a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with more olive oil, then serve warm and enjoy with family and friends!
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
This vegan garlic rosemary skillet bread is not only delicious, but it’s also really easy to make. You’ll love how the crispy crust and fluffy center pair together to create a perfect loaf of bread. Give this recipe a try for your next dinner party or simply enjoy it as a tasty snack.
Connect With Us
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!