Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Are you looking for a tasty and nutritious main dish to add to your plant-based repertoire? Look no further! These delicious vegan vegetable croquettes are baked in the oven, not fried, making them both healthier and easier to prepare. They take only minutes of active prep time and can be made ahead of time leaving you with more free time! Let’s dive into these Vegan Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes that will quickly become one of your favorite go-to recipes.
Vegan Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes are a hearty, healthy alternative to their traditional fried counterparts. Making them in the oven is both sustainable and guilt-free, and the outcome is just as tasty. Plus, you’ll get a bonus dose of flavor thanks to added spices!
Preparing this vegan dish is easy and relatively quick, taking only 40 minutes to prep and bake. It starts with boiling potatoes before mashing them while adding sauteed vegetables like onions, garlic, Carrot, zucchini, and your choice of spices, think thyme or oregano. Form the veggie-potato mixture into small balls or cylinders and press onto a parchment-lined baking sheet before dipping each side in breadcrumbs for an extra crunchy texture. Finally, pop these vegan Croquettes into the oven until they’re golden brown, serve warm with your favorite salad or enjoy simply with some ketchup on the side. Yum!
What’s in these Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes that makes them delicious and healthy?
The russet potato is full of flavor and health benefits! It’s an affordable, versatile vegetable that can provide energy, protein, copper, vitamins C, B2, and B6, phosphorus, folate, and iron. Not only does this hearty, starchy tuber offer all these amazing nutrients, plus it’s also a great addition to any vegan meal!
Carrots are nutritious, packed with essential vitamins and minerals, and chopped or shredded, they bring flavor and texture to vegan meals like vegan baked vegetable croquettes. Rich in Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene, both powerful antioxidants! They help protect against cancerous cells in our body while also supporting healthy eyesight.
Zucchini is an incredibly versatile vegetable that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. With its mild flavor and crunchy texture, zucchini provides numerous health benefits that support digestive, heart, and skin health. Beyond the many wellness advantages of this superfood, zucchini has a unique flavor that brings life to any traditional vegan dish. Zucchini does not look appetizing on its own but it is truly an impressive food in terms of its nutrition and taste profile.
Vegan Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes
If you want to try this Vegan Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes Recipe, share your photo and experience with us. In addition, let us know what you think in the comments below by using #veganglobetrotter and #vegetablecroquettes
Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes
Let's gather the ingredients!
- 1½ lbs russet potato peeled and cut in quarters
- ¼ cup almond milk or other plant milk
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ red onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme fresh, chopped
- 2 stalks green onion finely sliced
- 2-3 tsp vegetable oil
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch black pepper ground
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond milk or other plant milks
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1½ cups bread crumbs whole wheat or panko
- Boil the potatoes for about 15-18 minutes until they're fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes, then transfer in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes with almond milk, vegan butter, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil, then saute the garlic, red onion, carrot, zucchini, and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the thyme and green onions, then saute until tender and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the vegetables into the potato mixture, then refrigerate until cool enough to handle.
Forming and Breading
- Measure out two spoon fulls of the potato mixture, then roll them into a ball or cylinder. Arrange the croquettes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill or freeze the croquettes until very firm.
- Gather 3 bowls of shallow dishes. Fill the first with flour, the second with a well-blended mixture of almond milk, cornstarch, and salt, and the third with bread crumbs.
- Dip each croquettes briefly into flour, followed by the cornstarch thickened milk, and then the bread crumbs. Firmly press the bread crumbs into the croquettes.
Let's start baking!
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Baked breaded croquettes for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
For More Vegan Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters. And for more vegan recipes, subscribe to our newsletter!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for vegan oven-baked vegetable croquettes. They are a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make appetizer or side dish that everyone will love. If you try them out, be sure to let us know in the comments how they turned out for you. And don’t forget to check out our other recipes while you’re here on the blog. Thanks for reading!
Connect With Us
If you tried this Vegan Oven-baked Vegetable Croquettes recipe, take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ? In addition to this, if you are looking for delicious baking recipes visit Best Baking Tips they also published a lot of healthy baking recipes!