A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value.
Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value.
Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site.
Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Vegan Asparagus Pasta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Summer and Spring Recipe You’ll Love!
Spring has arrived! Vegan asparagus pasta salad with balsamic vinaigrette is calling you all! This vegan asparagus pasta salad would be a wonderful side dish or meal to serve during the summer and spring months. One of the reasons you’ll enjoy this pasta salad is that it’s so simple and adaptable. They’re easy to make ahead of time and go with almost any meal, especially for special occasions like barbeque parties, potlucks, or picnics.
Yes, this pasta salad is dre nched in balsamic vinaigrette, which really is likely my all-time favorite vinaigrette! It’s fantastic. The plant-based ingredients for this pasta salad are basic: asparagus, strawberries, penne or rotini pasta, arugula or baby spinach, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Of course, feel free to adjust the recipe based on what you have on hand and your favorite plant-based ingredients. To make it even more spring-like, add some arugula or baby spinach, peas, and a pinch of lemon zest!
You can’t go wrong with this!
Vegan Globetrotter Tips
- You can easily swap the penne pasta with rotini pasta to make a gluten-free version.
- Don’t like to use arugula? Instead, use baby spinach.
- You can add peas, and a pinch of lemon zest to make it more spring vibes.
- You can drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over the vegan asparagus pasta salad to add even more flavor. I recommend making your own balsamic vinaigrette because the store-bought one has a lot of oil and is usually not vegan.
- This pasta salad might also be made with a mix of white and green asparagus.
- This salad tastes best when served freshly. By keeping it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, the strawberries will absorb the dressing quickly and go stale.
For More Salad Recipe
- Farro Spinach Salad-Air Fried Beets
- Pesto Potato Salad
- Grilled Tunisian Salad
- Kerabu Mangga; Malaysian Salad
When it comes to salad recipes, we have to include salad dressing. For more salad dressing recipe ideas, see Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes.
Vegan Asparagus Pasta Salad You’ll Love
Vegan Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 14-15 oz asparagus green
- 13-14 oz strawberries fresh
- 9-10 oz penne pasta or rotini, gluten-free pasta
- 3 small baby arugula or spinach
- 1 tbsp oil extra virgin
- Using a knife, cut the wooden part of asparagus and slice the strawberries according to your desired size.
- Boiled the pasta as per the package instructions. When finished, strain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small pan, cook the asparagus with a little oil for at least 8–9 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the strawberries, pasta, cooked asparagus, and baby spinach or arugula.
- Topped with Balsamic Vinaigrette. (see note)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette is the perfect dressing for this vegan balsamic vinaigrette. It gives more flavor and is more nutritious. Check the link for the recipe card. It is easy to make and only takes 15 minutes with a few ingredients.