A Caveat and Affiliates
First off, a little caveat: within my articles you will find affiliate links, meaning if you buy them, I get a small commission. Your cost is not affected. In addition, I am an Amazon Associate and I earn from qualifying purchases on Amazon.
And yes, if I say that I recommend a product here, it means I truly believe it is a good product. I refuse to recommend any product that I have not researched and believe to be a good value. Even better, I provide you with a very clear picture of the product, it’s use, and the probable value. Earning your trust is important to me. I run this website myself and the commissions and donations help support the site. Sound reasonable and fair enough? Let’s continue to the article.
Description: This recipe for sweet potato pie cupcakes with cinnamon frosting is the perfect way to show off your baking skills—and your sweet tooth. The soft, fluffy cupcakes are studded with bits of sweet potato, while the creamy cinnamon frosting is the perfect finishing touch. Go ahead and impress your friends and family with these delicious cupcakes. They’ll be begging for more!
Thanksgiving is coming up, and that means pie! But sometimes, a whole pie is too much. That’s where these Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes come in. They’re the perfect size for a small Thanksgiving dessert, and they taste just like sweet potato pie. They are festive, flavorful, and not too sweet.
Plus, they are a fun alternative to traditional pumpkin pie. These delicious treats are made with sweet potato puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The cupcakes are then topped with a creamy cinnamon frosting. Yum! The result is a moist and fluffy cupcake with a hint of sweetness and spice.
Sweet potatoes are also a great addition to our vegan diet and also to our health. They have numerous health benefits. It’s fall season harvest your sweet potatoes now and let us make them in a healthy recipe.
Why sweet potatoes are healthy?
The sweet potato is one of the most versatile vegetables around. Not only does it taste great, but it’s also packed with health benefits. Here are some of the top reasons to add sweet potatoes to your vegan diet:
- They’re a good source of fiber, which can help improve digestion and regulate blood sugar levels.
- High in antioxidants, which can help protect against disease and aging.
- Great source of vitamins A and C, both of which are important for keeping your immune system strong.
- Low in calories and fat, making them a healthy option whether you’re trying to lose weight or just maintain your current size.
So next time you’re at the grocery store, be sure to pick up a few sweet potatoes—you won’t regret it! Or harvest the sweet potatoes in your backyard and let us make these delightful sweet potato cupcakes—you will love them!
Why you will love these sweet potato cupcakes?
After picking up the sweet potato and making these sweet potato cupcakes you will love those batches, here’s why…
- Moist and fluffy cupcakes.
- Satisfying and fulfilling dessert.
- Topped with cinnamon frosting
So go ahead and try them out – your stomach will thank you!
Plant-based ingredients tips
These cupcakes are made completely plant-based and they are easy-to-find ingredients. In this blog post, you will learn the tips and substitutions for this recipe. So gather the ingredients.
For the sweet potato cupcakes, you will need sweet potato puree, vegan butter, maple syrup, almond milk, apple cider, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and all-purpose flour.
For the cinnamon frosting, gather powdered sugar (organic), almond milk, vanilla extract, vegan butter, and cinnamon.
- To make this gluten-free, alternatively use certified gluten-free flour.
- Use non-dairy or dairy-free products.
A quick overview of how to make these cupcakes!
In just one hour, you will have these healthy and delicious sweet potato cupcakes on your table! They are easy to make with a few required ingredients and notes. Below is a quick overview of this recipe. So grab your mixer and cupcake molds, it’s time to preheat your oven!
To make sweet potato cupcakes, in a mixing bowl combine the ingredients of sweet potato cupcakes stir them well, and add generously the all-purpose flour mix well until the batter forms.
Preheat the oven to 300F, transfer the batter into cupcake molds, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
To make the cinnamon frosting, in a separate bowl, mix the frosting ingredients using a hand mixer until smooth. Set them side.
Topped with cinnamon frosting, on baked cupcakes, pipe the frosting on top and garnished with cinnamon sugar or pecans, if desired. Enjoy!
These sweet potato cupcakes are the best fall-season recipes you will make. Share them with your friends and let us know how they indulge in these cupcakes.
Looking for more vegan fall recipes? Well, satisfy your tastebuds with our healthy and delicious: Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Butternut Squash Pancakes, 20-minute Pumpkin Soup, and Air fryer Cinnamon Rolls. They are completely plant-based and ideal for your vegan meal.
These sweet potato cupcakes are the best treat for thanksgiving day and the fall season. Why not give them a try? Share them with your friends and family!
Frost with a cup of happiness!
Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
- 1 cup all purpose flour or use gluten-free flour
- 15 oz. sweet potato puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed, vegan, dairy-free, try Nabisco brand
- 4 tbsp butter melted, vegan and dairy-free, homemade or store bought
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- kosher salt pinch
- 2-3 sticks butter softened, vegan
- 8 oz. whipped cream vegan, dairy-free
- 1 cup powdered sugar organic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- kosher salt pinch
- pecans chopped, for garnish
- cinnamon sugar sprinkle
A cup of happiness, sweet potato pie cupcakes!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease the cupcake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, sweet potato puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well until the dough forms.
- On a prepared cupcake pan, place the dough and bake them for at least 30–40 minutes. Allow cooling after baking.
- Meanwhile, in the mixing bowl, combine the butter, whipped cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and pipe it onto the cooled baked cupcakes on top.
- Garnish with pecans and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if preferred.
For More Vegan Recipes
The vegan recipes below I’ve suggested are completely vegan and 100% made with plant-based ingredients. They are also a great addition to your vegan meal. Even non-vegetarians will love these!
- Vegan Pasta Salad With Grilled Peaches: This colorful salad is perfect for summer with healthy pasta, arugula, and simple sauce,
- Thousand Island Dressing: Made with 6-plant-based ingredients can be used as toppings, dipping, and dressing.
- Vegan Kale Smoothie: This smoothie will give you a boost of vitamins in the morning.
- Curried Lentil and Sweet Potato Bowl: Loaded with sweet potatoes, kale, curried lentils, and cilantro chutney.
- Crispy Kale Chips: These chips are made in the air fryer and are perfect for low carbs diet.
To Wrap It All Up
So, there you have it! Not only are sweet potatoes a nutritional powerhouse, but they also make delicious and healthy cupcakes. We can’t wait to hear what you think of them. Be sure to let us know by tagging us in your social media posts or leaving a comment below. In the meantime, we have a new post for you that we think you will love. It’s all about vegan Thanksgiving recipes that will leave your guests asking for seconds (or thirds!). We hope you enjoy it!
Connect With Us!
If you tried these sweet potato pie cupcakes with cinnamon frosting, take a 📸 and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. 📩