Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Healthy Breakfast Overnight Oats: Dairy-free and Gluten-free
Looking for a dairy-free and gluten-free healthy breakfast option that is easy to prepare? These oh-so-healthy overnight oats may be just what you are looking for! This simple recipe requires little effort, and the results are a delicious, filling breakfast that will keep you going all morning. Plus, there are endless possibilities when it comes to mix-ins and toppings, so you can customize your oats to fit your taste preferences. In this blog post, we will discuss the health benefits of overnight oats and provide a recipe for a delicious and healthy breakfast mason jar or bowl.
It’s no secret that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But what you may not know is that overnight oats are a great way to start your day off right. Unlike traditional oatmeal, which can take time to prepare, overnight oats are quick and easy to make. And best of all, they’re healthy and nutritious. Here’s why you should start eating overnight oats today.
Why overnight oats are healthy?
Aside from being easy to prepare, they are also healthy for our general health and well-being. Eating overnight oats every morning, if you prefer, will help our body energize and have a fulfilling day. Soaking oats overnight has many health benefits, including:
1. High in Fiber:
- Oats are good for the digestive system as they help our intestines to avoid inflammation and to have a great metabolism since they are high in beta-glucan and dietary fiber.
2. Great source of Protein:
- It is one of the most essential nutrients of oats may support building muscle, good for skin, hair, bones, and body tissue.
- The body will have long-lasting energy as a result. These long-chain carbohydrates absorb into the blood more gradually, minimizing a surge in blood sugar levels. Oatmeal should be consumed two-three hours before exercising if you enjoy sports.
Basic plant-based ingredients in a jar!
It’s either a bowl or a jar. It depends on you how you enjoy these overnight oats recipes. These are easy to find and require a few plant-based ingredients that you will want to have in your pantry. When buying in the supermarket, make a habit of checking the labels to make sure they are organic, vegan, or completely plant-based. Below are a handful of ingredients.
1. Old-fashioned Oats
- These oats are recommended used on recipes we have rounded up for you. But some of the recipes use steel-cuts oats. To make the overnight oats gluten-free I suggest choosing or buying certified gluten-free oats brands.
2. Plant-based Milk/Dairy-free
- In this recipe, feel free to use any of your choice of milk such as almond milk, soy milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, or any plant-based milk. Make sure they are dairy-free or plant-based.
3. Maple Syrup
- Alternatively, use your favorite sweetener like agave, swerve, stevia, or any vegan sweetener.
- Milled or whole Chia seeds are commonly used in the overnight oats recipe. If chia seeds are not your thing, you may substitute sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or poppy seeds.
5. Vanilla Extract
- It gives an aromatic flavor and a pleasing flavor to the overnight oats we’ve prepared for you. I suggest not skipping this ingredient.
6. Optional Toppings
- Top with fresh or frozen fruits you may like, nuts, vegan yogurt, whipped cream, and shredded coconut. These are optional but a great addition.
- The overnight oats we’ve rounded up for you are all made with plant-based ingredients, including their plant-based ingredient substitute.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment by using your favorite vegan toppings.
Have a fulfilling Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are easy to make no required cooking, just mixing! A Mason jar, bowl, or an airtight container sealed required storage to mix all the required ingredients for overnight oats. Below are the easiest steps to make:
- In a preferred container, combine all the ingredients until they are incorporated.
- Refrigerate overnight or until 8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- For the crunchier texture: Add the toppings before serving.
- Serving warm: They can be served warm by putting them into a microwave for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Keep them in a refrigerator for at least 3-4 days. However, I do not advise freezing because the texture would be runny.
Ready to get started? Check out this quick and easy overnight oats recipe below!
Oh-so-healthy Breakfast Overnight Oats
These oh-so-healthy overnight oats we’ve rounded up for you are a healthy breakfast option: vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. In addition, they are customizable you can add your favorite overnight oats ingredients. Check out the recipes below by clicking the recipe name.
Want some more?…….. Keep scrolling!
Each overnights oats recipe contained healthful information, tips, and vegan recipe recommendations that are perfect for all occasions and for y’all.
If you have any questions about these oh-so-healthy overnight oats compilation feel free to comment below!
For More Vegan Recipes
Below is the compilation of vegan recipes you must try! They are a great addition to your vegetarian meal. They are completely made with plant-based ingredients.
- Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
- Hearty Vegan Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Satisfy
- Green Recipes For St. Patrick’s Day
To Wrap It All Up
Whether you’re dairy-free and gluten-free like me, or just looking for a healthy breakfast to start your day off right, these oh-so-healthy overnight oats are definitely worth trying. I love making a big batch on Sunday night so I have something quick and easy to eat during the week. If you give them a try, be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy!
Connect With Us!
Try these oh-so-healthy overnight oats recipes we’ve rounded up for you! Take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it!
To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?