Vegan Globetrotter is supported by our audience. When you purchase through one of our links, we may earn a small affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Your cost is not affected.
Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and large roasted birds. If you’re vegan, however, this can be a challenging holiday. But never fear – we’ve got the perfect solution for you! This vegan seitan turkey roast will have everyone fooled – even your non-vegan relatives will love it.
This savory dish is made with protein-rich seitan and is stuffed with a flavorful mix of vegetables and spices. Plus, it’s easy to make ahead of time, so you can enjoy the holiday without stress. So whether you’re vegan or just looking for a new Thanksgiving tradition, give the seitan turkey roast a try.
If you’re looking for a delicious, cruelty-free thanksgiving meal, give vegan seitan turkey roast a try! You (and your taste buds) won’t be disappointed.
5 Reasons Why You’ll Love This Healthy Version of Turkey Roast
Veganism is on the rise, with more and more people interested in plant-based diets for ethical, environmental, and health reasons. But that doesn’t mean that you have to give up all your favorite foods. There are now many delicious vegan substitutes for meat, dairy, and eggs. This healthy version of the turkey roast is one such example. Here are five reasons why you’ll love it.
1. Low in fat and calories. If you’re trying to watch your weight or eat a healthier diet, then this roast is a great choice. Despite being packed with nutrients, it’s actually quite low in fat and calories. So you can enjoy it without having to worry about putting on extra weight.
2. Packed with nutrients. This healthy turkey roast is made with a blend of several different vegetables, including carrots, celery, onions, and garlic that’s why this recipe is packed with nutrients. All of these vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals, which means that this roast is too. In addition, the roast is also high in protein and fiber, both of which are essential for a healthy diet.
3. Versatile. It can be served as is or with a variety of side dishes. If you’re looking for something light, you can serve it with a salad or some steamed vegetables. If you’re feeling a bit hungrier, you can pair it with some mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes.
4. Easy to make. This roast is very simple to make. You don’t need any special equipment or ingredients; all you need is a baking dish and an oven. The whole process takes less than an hour from start to finish, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
5. Tastes amazing! Last but not least, this roast tastes amazing! Even meat-eaters will be impressed by how flavorful and juicy it is (trust me, I’ve tested it out on my non-vegan family and friends!).
So if you’re looking for a delicious vegan meal that everyone will love, look no further than this healthy turkey roast! Give this healthy turkey roast a try the next time you’re looking for a delicious vegan meal! You won’t be disappointed!
Plant-based ingredients: Gather them now!
Maybe you are wondering how to enjoy the holiday without turkey. But thanks to the power of plant-based ingredients, you can make a delicious vegan seitan turkey roast that will have everyone at the table asking for seconds. To make this delectable dish, start by gathering the ingredients:
For the seitan, you will need, wheat gluten flour, chickpeas, vegan chicken stock, coconut oil, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, vegan chicken spice, sage, thyme, onion powder, and garlic powder.
For the butter sauce, you will need, vegan butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, vegan chicken spice, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
To make this soy-free and gluten-free recipe, feel free to substitute the soy sauce with coconut amino. Also, vegan chicken spice and vegan chicken stock are available in the supermarket just look for an organic, any brand will do. If seitan is not your thing, alternatively use tofu as they also have a meaty texture.
While some of these ingredients may be unfamiliar, they can all be found at most grocery stores. With a little time and effort, you can create a delicious and healthy thanksgiving feast that everyone will enjoy!
Quick overview: Make vegan seitan turkey roast at your home!
Once you have the required ingredients, you can make now this healthy version of the turkey recipe. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking! Below is a quick overview of how to make this vegan seitan turkey roast.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the seitan ingredients
2. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes to form a firm, elastic ball.
3. Place the dough in a steamer basket or on a plate, and steam for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to make the butter sauce, mix together the ingredients until creamy over medium-high heat.
4. Remove from the steamer or oven, and pour the vegan butter sauce over the seitan.
Storing tips and serving suggestions
Seitan can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. When ready to serve, seitan can be sliced and served cold or heated and served warm. Seitan can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a dish. Some serving suggestions include:
– Served warm with roasted vegetables.
– It also pairs well with a vegan sandwich or thanksgiving wrap.
– Heated and served warm as part of a soup or stew.
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, vegan seitan turkey roast is sure to be a hit at your holiday table!
Looking for more holiday vegan recipes to add to your vegan diet?
Well, satisfy your tastebuds with our healthy and delicious: Mini Pumpkins Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Vegan Maple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Apple Cranberry Crisp, Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta Recipe, Butternut Squash Pancakes, 20-minute Pumpkin Soup, Air fryer Cinnamon Rolls, Delicious Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, Pumpkin Spice Fudge, Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting, Autumn Salad, Apple Cinnamon Waffles, Autumn Pizza with Vegan Gouda Cheese, Pumpkin Spice Fudge, Delicious Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, Vegan Butternut Squash Curry with Chickpeas, Teriyaki Tofu-Tempeh Casserole, Butternut Squash White Bean Kale Stew, Vegan Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce, Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Casserole, Autumn Carrot-Sweet Potato Soup, Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail-Alcohol Free, Vegan Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Dairy-free Pumpkin Ice Cream, Pumpkin Risotto-Comforting Meal, Autumn Spice Pear Cobbler, Roasted Butternut Squash Burger, Pear, Pumpkin, and Ginger Mocktail, and Air fryer Butternut Squash Fritters.
The recipes I’ve listed are perfect for Thanksgiving, the fall season, and even the winter months. They are very delicious and fully made of plant-based ingredients. They are an excellent addition to your vegan diet and, best of all, will appeal to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians, so add them to your list of vegan dishes.
Enjoy your thanksgiving day with this vegan seitan turkey roast recipe at your table. I’m sure your family and friends will love this vegan recipe. So, try this now and let me know what you think!
Your go-to meatless recipe!
Vegan Seitan Turkey Roast
- 8 oz. chicken stock vegan
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce for soy-free option use coconut amino
- 3 tbsp olive olive
- 2 1/2 tsp spice vegan; chicken spice, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage dried
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- garlic powder adjust to taste
- onion powder adjust to taste
- 1 ½ cups wheat gluten vital
Vegan Butter Sauce:
- 4 cup butter vegan
- 1 1/2 tsp spice vegan; chicken spice, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tbsp soy sauce for soy-free option use coconut amino, or any soy-free
- 1 1/2 tsp Rosemary dried
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp sage
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- garlic powder
To make the seitan:
- In a food processor, mix until smooth the vegan chicken stock, chickpeas, soy sauce, olive oil, vegan chicken spice, thyme, sage, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl, then add the wheat gluten. Mix them well until the dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes or until the dough is fluffy and soft. Using your hands, make a shape like a loaf.
- Wrap the dough with foil and steam the seitan dough for 1 hour. Remove from the steamer and allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing the foil.
Meanwhile, make the vegan butter sauce:
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter then add the soy sauce, lemon juice, maple syrup, vegan chicken spice, Rosemary, sage, thyme, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Cook them for 10 minutes.
Bake and serve!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil the roasting dish.
- In a roasting dish, place the steamed seitan and pour and coat half of the prepared vegan butter sauce on it.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes pour again with prepared vegan butter sauce and continue roasting.
- Serve with roasted veggies and garnished with fresh Rosemary and drizzled with remaining vegan butter sauce.
- To make this soy-free, feel free to substitute the soy sauce with coconut amino. Also, vegan chicken spice and vegan chicken stock are available in the supermarket just look for an organic, any brand will do. If seitan is not your thing, alternatively use tofu as they also have a meaty texture.
- They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. When ready to serve, seitan can be sliced and served cold or heated and served warm.
- Served warm with roasted vegetables.
- It also pairs well with a vegan sandwich or thanksgiving wrap.
- Heated and served warm as part of a soup or stew.
For More Meatless Holiday Recipes
I’ve provided a list of vegan dishes that are all made completely of ingredients from plants. Additionally, they make a wonderful addition to any vegan dish. These are tasty even for meat eaters, and for more vegan recipes subscribe to our newsletter.
To Wrap It All Up
This holiday season, try out a vegan turkey roast made with seitan. Seitan is the perfect ingredient for a delicious and healthy roast that will be sure to please everyone at your table. And because it’s made with plant-based ingredients, you can feel good about serving this meal to your loved ones. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and try out this recipe today!
Connect With Us
If you tried this vegan seitan turkey roast, take a ? and tag us on our social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribed to our YouTube Channel. I’d be delighted to see it! To make sure you don’t miss any recipes, remember to subscribe to our email newsletter which will be delivered to your inbox every week. ?